Author Thread
Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 12 Dec, 2013 10:15 PM

Well, there you have it.

I just saw the Denver Broncos pull their fizzle out, sabotaging their chances at the playoffs with rookie-style mistakes that handed this game win over to the San Diego Chargers tonight, 27 - 20.

The Broncos do this every year, and I'm getting sick of seeing it. They seem to totally lose their momentum and forget all their great wins of the season.

I am SO disappointed in them. There is no excuse for this loss--they beat the Chargers at the beginning of the season.

Yep, I am a tough fan to please. LOL! I'm used to the 49'ers of the 1980s.

Oh well. Maybe next year? Sigh.

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 06:36 PM

I'm semi-active, Teach.

Mostly waiting for a message from a real boy. LOL! That was a reference to the movie, "Lars and The Real Girl," starring Ryan Gosling (the guy from "The Notebook") as a nerd. The tag line for Lars says, "A delusional young guy strikes up an unconventional relationship with a doll he finds on the Internet."

If you haven't seen it, rent it. Lars is hilarious. And cute.

Yeah, the Titans had me worried for a bit at the beginning of the game, but my Broncos made up for it quickly. The Titans tried, but the final score says everything: 51-28.

Did you see the Broncos kicker Matt Prater break the NFL record for his 64-yard field goal? That was AWESOME!

Take care, Teach!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 06:27 PM

NRSV,

Of course not! As long as your wins out-number your losses, you're still in the running. The Ravens are 7-6, in the same boat as some really great teams: Dolphins, Cowboys, Lions, and Bears.

That's nothing to sneeze at! Only 3 more games to go. If they keep winning, they've got a real shot at the playoffs.

It ain't over 'til it's over. LOL! ;-)

Take care,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2013 07:30 PM

Teach,

Sorry to hear Sojourner has left again. Would have been great talking to him about the upcoming Broncos vs Raiders game they'll play on my birthday (29th).

Hope he comes back soon. He was one of the good ones on here.

By the way, 7-6 ranking is not bad, the Dolphin still have a shot.

Take care, sis!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2013 07:17 PM

Shutter,

I am very familiar with what you are experiencing with your Packers. Every team has phases like that. Just a few years ago, the Broncos were in that boat, too, and I was not happy.

I have been very fortunate in my lifetime to have lived close to some great football teams during their 'hey-days' of Conference championships and Superbowl wins (notably the Raiders (70s), then the 49ers (80s). Both those teams are not doing so well this year.

If it makes you feel any better, the Broncos haven't won a Superbowl since 1998, and that was only their 2nd time. They're a relatively new team, having joined the NFL in 1960--nearly 3 years before I was born.

But they did win their division Conference 6 times since their founding, the last time in 1998.

So, I am completely familiar with disappointment of seeing my team "fizzle out" as the season wears on. Right now I live in fear of 4 teams we might go up against in the playoffs: Seattle Seahawks (beat us in this season's pre-season); Indianapolis Colts (Manning has a weakness for them, so we lost in Oct); New England Patriots (one tough team, they beat us); and the Kansas City Chiefs (even though we've beaten them twice, were hard games to win).

While I appreciate watching two evenly-matched teams play--the games are much more exciting--I really don't like being that worried over a SPORT!

I feel like I'm getting a bit over-excited this year, just because we really have a chance to go 'all the way'--if the Broncos don't mess up.

This season, they've racked up quite a few broken records, including Matt Prater's 64-yard field goal against the Titans. The old NFL record was 63 yards, unbroken--though matched a few times--for over 43 years. Until last ngiht.

My new mantra: "It's just a GAME!" If I make it through the season, I'm gonna have to talk to a professional (psychiatrist?) to find out why it means SO MUCH to me. LOL!

Shutter, I'll make you a deal. If you pray with me that the Broncos go all the way to the Superbowl and win it this year, I will pray the same thing for your Packers next season. What do you say, eh?

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
it's not important....it's the only way!
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 11:26 AM

MikeRides,

It has everything to do with your topic. See, that's how I determine if a man on a dating site is a real Christian or not. Because a real Christian READS, BELIEVES, and OBEYS God's Word.

Fake ones do not. Even if they own a Bible, and read it, they don't think it's necessary to obey His Word. They think God will overlook their lack of faith (and adherence to the world's view of "love") because of His Grace.

Even a lot of homosexuals claim to be "Christian," but if you quote Scriptures that teach that God's views homosexuality as an abomination to them, they'll eventually cave and admit their "Christianity" is either "beyond God," or of a "higher moral standard." A.k.a., fake. Yada yada yada.

The Bible tells us we should always test everything and everyone to determine if they are of God or not.

That is why I've written my profile that way--to show everyone here the Truth about me, that I am a real Christian and will not settle for anything less than an equal counterpart.

The fact that I have now been on this site for over 4 months, and not a SINGLE male (other than scammers) has expressed an interest in me, tells me that there are NO real Chrisitian males here. None of them will obey God's Word, and they're not looking for love--not the type of love God talks about, anyway.

Pardon me for asking if YOU'RE a real Christian. You were the one who started this thread, complaining you cannot find a real FEMALE Christian. Funny, for all your complaining, you don't want to be tested yourself.

Careful what you ask for. God bless,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Please tell me ladies......
Posted : 21 Nov, 2013 10:34 PM

Amen, sis Joy!

Open honesty is always the best policy! I dump guys if I discover they're lying to me. I simply don't understand the point of lying. It never works out, cuzz the liar eventually forgets what he's lied about and accidentally reveals the truth.

How does anyone expect to get someone to love them if they won't be honest?

Guess it's a sign of our times. Maybe they're not looking for love.

Take care, sis! Hugs,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 10:48 PM

I agree, Teach,

This season is a bit strange. But I am finding that praying throughout a game seems to bring positive results. Well, so far, anyway. ;-)

We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

God bless, sis!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Please tell me ladies......
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 10:16 PM

Hi, Joy! Hugs, sis!

I thnk I can help you with that one. I take their "down to earth" as meaning they are practical and grounded, as opposed to being flighty and dreamy.

Have you ever read a guy's profile that was full of poetry or music lyrics? Those are the "flighty and dreamy" guys. Their heads are always in the clouds.

I prefer the rational, grounded guys, myself. ;-)

God bless,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 10:34 PM

Hey, sports fans!

Are any of you interested in this football season, like I am?

I just saw my Denver Broncos beat the once-undefeated Kansas City Chiefs in a great game of similarly matched teams.

Very exciting, but we pulled it off with a 27-17 victory at home (Denver). We'll have to see if that will happen again when we meet them on their turf in two weeks.

The most amazing thing about this particular game, for me, was how Peyton Manning's offensive line protected him from sacks. Manning didn't hit the ground even ONCE tonight! The Broncos are gelling perfectly, and turning into a real winning team this year.

I am hoping they can maintain that 'tightness' for the rest of the season--perhaps we can make it to the Super Bowl!

Take care,

--Cat

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10