Author Thread
Meghan91

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 19 Dec, 2013 03:24 PM

Thanks for the advice sisygirl! I plan on using this forum more.

Meghan91

View Profile
Duck Dynasty
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 07:04 PM

It's good stuff! Now Phil is getting persecuted for defending biblical statements on homosexuality as a sin. Sad stuff really :(

Meghan91

View Profile
Like A Woman To Pursue?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 12:00 PM

wykd1 said "if You have the appropriate look,and a muffin,"

What does this mean? Should I carry a basket of muffins around with me?

Meghan91

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 11:48 AM

I haven't found a single Christian man who was interested in me. :ribbit:

Meghan91

View Profile
Worship team - paid pros amateur volunteers?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 11:09 AM

I don't understand how you could hire a non-believer or somebody who really doesn't want to take part in your church to lead worship! There's no reason why worship shouldn't be led by fellow congregants and believers . If you really need rocking music at church you could always spend a little money to pay for lessons for your current church members than pay a ton of money for a non-believer to lead worship.

Meghan91

View Profile
Paid ministry - for or against?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 11:04 AM

I know it's not wrong to have a small salary from the church and there's nothing wrong with a person devoting their life to a church and receiving a modest income. I disapprove of pastors that become insanely rich while they still have homeless people in their pews. I find that sort of wealth disparity in a church to be disturbing.

Meghan91

View Profile
I NEED A CHRISTIAN HUSBAND
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 10:43 AM

I think there needs to be more Christian men...period. They're in short supply! Us ladies need to evangelize more! :winksmile:

Meghan91

View Profile
why do girls today are so bitchy....
Posted : 25 Aug, 2013 03:58 PM

I can't believe this sort of language usage is allowed on a Christian forum.

Maybe your potty mouth makes women a little more abrasive toward you. :rolleyes:

Meghan91

View Profile
overweight?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2013 09:56 AM

It's subjective. Also, some people gain weight and don't realize it or may be in denial. Just ask for full body pics.

Meghan91

View Profile
Dressing in dresses instead of jeans and leggings
Posted : 17 Aug, 2013 04:10 PM

I have chosen to go to only skirts. I do this for the same reason I have chosen to stop cutting my hair, as submission to the Lord. I try to do what pleases Him most. For the last 5 or 6 months the only time I've worn pants is to sleep. I usually wear leggings under my skirts (especially at work). Skirts (ones that are loose and long enough) hide half of what men lust after and still allow you to look like a lady. Since I've switched to skirts, I've been treated more like a lady by the opposite sex! I actually feel more respected, if that makes any sense.

I think it's ultimately up to the man to control his own mind, but I do feel that the way women choose to dress plays a big part in a man's fight against impure thoughts. A Christian woman should do her part to prevent her fellow Christian from falling into sin, but this shouldn't mean that she's forced to wear a burka.

I personally wouldn't change the way I dress just because my husband wanted me to, I would need to have my own convictions about it to make this sort of change. If my future husband wanted me to wear bustiers and mini-skirts or a "sexy-nurse" outfit in public or to work I'd have to refuse. :nicenurse:

Page : 1 2