Author Thread
Tijmen010

View Profile
The Angel of the Lord = Michael = Jesus
Posted : 11 Oct, 2013 01:34 PM

Jesus IS NOT Michael. Simply because of this:

We know from Revelation chapter 1 that the Man in Daniel chapter 10 is Jesus Christ. And this Man in Daniel chapter 10 is helped by Michael. So in Daniel 10 Jesus was helped by Michael. So Jesus is not Michael.

Read these chapters for yourself and you will find out ;)

Tijmen010

View Profile
What Does the Bible Say About LIARS?
Posted : 4 Oct, 2013 12:52 AM

Everybody is a liar. Everybody has told some lies in his/her life, I guess.

Tijmen010

View Profile
What constitutes persecution?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 12:48 PM

IWalkAlone, do you really think someone is going to read this?

Tijmen010

View Profile
What constitutes persecution?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 11:53 AM

I agree too, especially the argument of the prophets is very convincing :) It is very wise to think that yourself could also be wrong. So what I do when there are 'difficult/controversial things", I study the Bible and what people say about it and I pray God for wisdom and insight.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Too Few Categories of Thought In Man Made Theology
Posted : 1 Oct, 2013 12:41 AM

Yes, both churches will be on earth till the second coming of Christ, but 7 years before this second coming the Church will be raptured. The key is 2 Thessalonians 1-11. Here it is stated that the antichrist will come AFTER the One that restrains him will be taken away, that One is the Holy Spirit. And because the Holy Spirit and the Church are tied together, this means that the Church also will be taken away. And after the Rapture has took place, the antichrist will manifest himself and that is the period where Revelation 4-18 speaks about. So after the rapture a false church remains (=Babylon). BUT of course there will be many people who will be converted to the (real) christian faith, they will be true christians. Revelation 7 speaks about these people: 144000 Jews and "a great multitude, which no man could number". These two groups are coming from the Tribulation (=period of the antichrist) So yes both churches will exist untill the second coming, but there comes a rapture. 2 Thessalonians 1-11 is very important!

Tijmen010

View Profile
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 02:01 PM

I agree with DontHitThatMark on the parable of the 10 virgins. Not all "christians" are true/real christians.

But I don't know whether I agree or disagree with you both on Revelation 18. I think this is the correct interpretation and yes it is a dispensationalist interpretation. When the Rapture will take place, the real Church, the real believers, will be raptured. After this Rapture has taken place, a false church remains (the 5 virgins who don't have oil in their lamps) This false church could/will be the Babylon of Revelation 18. So you could say that nowaday this Babylon is already existing. But after the Rapture it will literaly manifest itself.

halfback, are you disclaiming the Rapute?! I don't completely understand your point against dispensationalism

But I think that after the Rapture a man will rise, he's called the antichrist in the Bible, and yes he will sit in the temple. The problem is that you see Israel methaphorical. The calvinist theology has always said that the church was/is Israel: Israel is methaphorical. When Israel litteraly was refounded in 1948 they had a problem. The Jews have their plans ready for rebuilding the temple, it is just a matter of time.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 08:41 AM

This made me, uhm, stating that the Church is Babylon is RIDICULOUS!!! What you are saying it that the Church has become an enemy of God. That the Church will be lost. Please pray God for insight in these things. What you are now stating is the opposite of what the Bible says.

By the way: Revelation 4 till the end of Revelation is about the period after the Rapture of the Church. I do not completely agree with dispensationalism about time periods (because that's arbitrary), but dispensationlism with respect to the "future" is the most correct thinking at this moment. You really should read a book from dispensationalists. In the Netherlands we have since 2011 a great book on dispensationlism, it was translated from German. I wish it would be available in English for you, but unfortunately it isn't (yet)

Tijmen010

View Profile
Are you righteous?
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 12:29 AM

I'm not righteous. Nobody is. The Bible states clearly that nobody is righteous, except One: Jesus Christ. We all have sinned against God. Indeed God's standard is Christ.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Calvinism, Arminianism, and the Biblical Balance - PART 1 - History of the debate
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 12:19 AM

I can fully agree with you that man has free will. I understand your points, but still I think that foreseen faith is possible, but that it also can be something different.

One thing I know for sure: one reason Paul wrote about predestination is because it gives the believers sureness about being saved.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Why "G-d"?
Posted : 30 Sep, 2013 12:08 AM

I'm not judging those who write "G-D", I'm only saying that it is not necessary. And when I read the Gospel, I read about a God Who came to us, and made a way between God and man.

By the way, the Bible speaks not about "Jehovah", "Jahweh", or other names like that, the only thing we know is JHVH or JHWH. So we have completely no evidence to say what JHWH means.

"God says we do not have to give up traditions and practices that do not conflict with His rules. Setting a standard for oneself higher than what the Bible teaches isnot wrong. Thinking you are better because of what you practice would be wrong. " Setting a standard for oneself higher than what is Bible teaches IS WRONG. Then you ADD to the Bible, you implicitely say that the Bible isn't good enough, that God forgot something.

Page : 1 2 3