Author Thread
Tijmen010

View Profile
Calvinism, Arminianism, and the Biblical Balance - PART 1 - History of the debate
Posted : 25 Sep, 2013 07:05 AM

So the Dutch people have their influence on the world ^^ As a Dutchman I have to react at this :)

Ok, on topic, I think we have to find the solution 'in the middle'. On the one hand God gave us a free will, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil proves this. On the other hand we read in Ephesians 1:3-20 this: " 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places"

I think that because we can't understand God, we also can't understand how God thinks and how He 'works'. I think it's a paradox, and that we can't take God's place. We can't know how God predestinates. And is it important to know how God predestinates? We just need to spread the Word!

Tijmen010

View Profile
A Resort to the Historicist View of Revelation 18: 23 To Oppose Any Prophecy of An Apostasy In Our Present Time
Posted : 22 Sep, 2013 05:35 AM

At this moment I don't have the time to read all these interesting posts, but the only thing what I can say for now is that 2 Thessalonians 1-11 a key is. Here it is stated that the antichrist will come AFTER the One that restrains him will be taken away, that One is the Holy Spirit. And because the Holy Spirit and the Church are tied together, this means that the Church also will be taken away. And after the Rapture has took place, the antichrist will manifest himself and that is the period where Revelation 4-18 speaks about.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Reformed Theology anyone?
Posted : 21 Sep, 2013 12:45 PM

Of course, I cannot judge. But I think reformed people are true christians.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Reformed Theology anyone?
Posted : 21 Sep, 2013 12:36 PM

I know that Reformed Theology isn't the complete right interpretation of the Bible. A lot of things that the Reformed Theology says, is a misinterpretation of the Bible. Still I think that reformed people are true christians.

Oh and my secondary school/high school was Reformed

Tijmen010

View Profile
Very useful Bible study tool
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 01:24 PM

This website is amazing: http://www.blueletterbible.org/

You can easily search and read the Bible in the original languages - Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic - I think it is really useful ;) Even if you don't have learned these languages.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Already seen this?
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 01:05 AM

It isn't unidentified. Just copy the link and paste it in your address bar. This video is about Evolution vs. God

Tijmen010

View Profile
Looks!
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 12:59 PM

I think the first thing you look at, are the looks of someone. But the most important is the heart/inner of someone.

Especially when we talk about a relationship and mariage. You have to ask yourself: Do I want to get old with this person? Of course when we are getting older, our good looks will vanish.

Tijmen010

View Profile
Already seen this?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 08:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

Tijmen010

View Profile
The Little Things
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 07:57 AM

A lot big things can also make no difference, big things can make a difference, small things can make no difference, small things can make a difference.

But it is an awesome story! Indeed small things could really make a difference, and that's why it is so important to just be nice to everybody. And just show God's love through our deeds and behaviour.

We need also realize that a little thing can highly influence people who are emotional weak (like someone who wants to commit suicide)

Tijmen010

View Profile
Hi! :)
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 07:36 AM

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm Tijmen and I'm 19 years old. And if you want to know more, just look at my profile, or message me ;)

Page : 1 2 3