Author Thread
n7ekg

View Profile
Does height really matter? Would you marry a short guy?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 02:14 PM

Elisa,

Very true - but, unfortunately, not a view shared by a lot of women... :(

n7ekg

View Profile
The ONE most attractive thing in a woman?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 02:06 PM

Hi, Leon! What I'm saying is, you can tell where a person's heart is, who they are, by looking at their fruits... and the fruits of the spirit in a woman is the most attractive thing of all...

n7ekg

View Profile
Facing my Demons
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 06:39 AM

Wait on the Lord ... but also don't be so focused on being alone that you don't recognize someone that God sends to you. I see a number of Christians that are either desperately dating and searching, being led into the sins of the flesh, or pridefully turning up their nose at anyone who comes into their life, believing that God will send them "The One" - but "The One" being determined by *their* standards, not God's.

As my old pastor used to say, "the reason you don't have anyone in your life is because *you* aren't ready for the relationship God has for you." Many of us carry baggage from our previous relationships that needs to be cleared out before we will be ready for the relationship God has for us. Some of us have tasks that God wants us to complete before bringing us that relationship.

I submit that every person that is in your life is there for a reason -- it's up to you to figure out, with God's help, what that person's purpose in your life is. My pastor tells the story of him resisting what God was telling him for two years before he finally gave in and accepted the woman God had for him. How much easier it would've been if he would've accepted it when God first laid it on his heart, instead of refusing God!

n7ekg

View Profile
The ONE most attractive thing in a woman?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 05:51 AM

And how do you know who she is really? I know a number of women who claim they are solid Christians, but fail the test. Christ summed it up in Matthew 7:20, and Paul summed them up in his letter to the Galatians in chapter 5, verses 22 and 23.

If a woman demonstrates hatred, lack of self-control/fits of rage, jealousy (or tries to make a man jealous), discord and dissension, then she obviously is not led by the Spirit, but by the flesh or by the adversary, no matter how beautiful she is on the outside.