Author Thread
Marcouse

View Profile
Should a Christian claim to be sinless this side of eternity? -- bonus questions @ the bottom of the message
Posted : 1 Mar, 2021 01:12 PM

I'll stop confessing my sins when I'm dead.

The whole truth is not revealed in one hit, there is so much to know. The more I know the more I realize there is that I don't know.

I sleep easy which is the main thing. It's not for me to be too concerned with everyone else, I say what I see and people can make of it what they will.

Marcouse

View Profile
Should a Christian claim to be sinless this side of eternity? -- bonus questions @ the bottom of the message
Posted : 28 Feb, 2021 02:20 PM

None of us can say we only tell the truth because we don't know what the truth is. We can only not say things we know not to be the truth.

None of us can say we don't sin because we don't know every facet of sin that exists. We can only strive not to do that which we know is sin.

Anyone that uses fear to put a message across is either insecure themselves or has an agenda. It is not a good thing for everyone to concur with each other all the time in a bubble or we will not learn. Knowing the scripture is not enough. Everything needs to be fleshed out so The Holy Spirit can reveal the truth.

I am not prepared to claim to be sinless, when you do that you are no longer living in a daily confession of sin. There are sins all of us commit that we don't even know about. If we are no longer confessing our sin (praying as a sinner) then will God still forgive us? Jesus said all sin we confess will be forgiven but if we believe we are no longer sinners, but sinless is that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit who convicts us of our sin?

A Christian can do what they like but I know what I'll do.

Marcouse

View Profile
Fake It 'Til You Make It...Or Until You Get Caught
Posted : 21 Feb, 2021 03:05 PM

At the minute we are just being worn down, getting rained on by some media artillery, when the foot soldiers come in to clean up whoever hasn't submitted to the will of the world is when it will get tight.

Why 'fake it til you make it'?

Miss out the middle step, save a load of work and just make it.

Marcouse

View Profile
We need to Trust in God not msn
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 04:28 PM

Wars

Nuclear weapons that may or may not exist

Space Force

Space events / trips that may or may not have happened

Marcouse

View Profile
After Life
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 04:26 PM

Somehow at death they believe, our conscious self sheds it's body, shines forth as a stellar body, gravitates to its proper sphere, and continues it's existence in another realm.

Isn't this just a different explanation of what could be heaven and hell?

I guess the consciousness might not be too shiny in hell.

Marcouse

View Profile
Christian members
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 04:20 PM

God / Jesus & the Holy Spirit

Truth / Righteousness

Freedom

Marcouse

View Profile
God helps those who help themselves -- does it really work that way??
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 12:57 PM

I think the thing is to approach life with the right mindset trying to keep moving in the right direction.

You can't know where different paths lead but if you are doing things that you can that are good it opens up the chances for opportunity where God can work.

If King David hadn't kept practicing with his sling while watching the sheep he might not have had the confidence to take on Goliath. Even without God's help he had a 50 / 50 shot at taking him out just because he had used his time wisely.

Marcouse

View Profile
Fake It 'Til You Make It...Or Until You Get Caught
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 12:46 PM

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them STRONG DELUSION, THAT THEY SHOULD BELIEVE A LIE:

Most of the world has been doing that for the past year.

Not that strong a delusion if you can think critically and use common sense.

Anyone afraid to get a killer illness that has been around for a year with over a 99% recovery rate has to have question marks hanging over their faith. I definitely wouldn't trust them in a combat situation.

Marcouse

View Profile
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou HAST TRIED THEM WHICH SAY THEY ARE APOSTLES, AND ARE NOT, AND HAST FOUND THEM LIARS
Posted : 11 Feb, 2021 01:21 PM

As a sovereign being we have the right to make our own decisions. If 2 or more Christians choose to meet together to worship the Lord then they should. Now the Church is run by the government which has stopped it's meetings on it's say so.

If people are afraid of a virus they can choose to isolate themselves. Those that are not afraid and have faith in God's protection should freely practice their belief. Should a Christian willingly submit to the worlds will then what does that say about them, their faith, and their belief?

They look a bit luke warm to me, but then it's not my judgement anyone needs to worry about.

Marcouse

View Profile
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou HAST TRIED THEM WHICH SAY THEY ARE APOSTLES, AND ARE NOT, AND HAST FOUND THEM LIARS
Posted : 9 Feb, 2021 11:43 AM

Lot of truth in there that is happening before our eyes.

Do you think many ministers in the church secretly take pleasure in unrighteousness?

I would say that if you are a diligent truth seeker then you should be able to see through the delusions that are obvious at the moment.

However I think the overall delusion has been a slow creep that goes back over a 100 years at least and is now ramping up.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10