Author Thread
Marcouse

View Profile
A question for Adam and Hugs
Posted : 23 Dec, 2020 09:20 AM

I don't follow every thread here, if I agree with what someone says at the time I agree with them.

To me the verses he posted speak for themselves, if you don't understand them I can't see how I can decode them for you.

You can't explain 'The Matrix', you have to see it.

Marcouse

View Profile
Posted : 22 Dec, 2020 03:58 PM

I thought Adam’s use of the scriptures was pretty fair. I’m sure he’s doing his best to follow what he is preaching.

I don’t believe it is the quantity of sins themselves that will trip you up but the spirit they are committed in.

For example when I broke some laws years ago in retaliation knowing full well what I was doing was morally and spiritually wrong as well as premeditated I was in a dangerous place spiritually. At the time I justified my actions and even got away with them even when I went to court and admitted what I did. It made it worse, eventually my life spiralled downhill until I ended up in a really bad place and sought forgiveness. From that point I began to grow again spiritually and gradually keep getting better at checking myself. The devil is in us and needs to be kept in check. As soon as you start to take his side and try to justify your sin you are on the slippery slope.

The more you are mature in the spirit the less you can probably get away with. We can chat here all day but only we can keep ourselves in check. The sparring on the forum is opportunity to develop ourselves. Fair play to Adam, he keeps going despite the flack and he does seem to be getting better. Instead of masses of verses he’s hitting hard with a few now. The potential is there, takes time.

Marcouse

View Profile
Posted : 22 Dec, 2020 03:45 PM

I thought Adam’s use of the scriptures was pretty fair. I’m sure he’s doing his best to follow what he is preaching.

I don’t believe it is the quantity of sins themselves that will trip you up but the spirit they are committed in.

For example when I broke some laws years ago in retaliation knowing full well what I was doing was morally and spiritually wrong as well as premeditated I was in a dangerous place spiritually. At the time I justified my actions and even got away with them even when I went to court and admitted what I did. It made it worse, eventually my life spiralled downhill until I ended up in a really bad place and sought forgiveness. From that point I began to grow again spiritually and gradually keep getting better at checking myself. The devil is in us and needs to be kept in check. As soon as you start to take his side and try to justify your sin you are on the slippery slope.

The more you are mature in the spirit the less you can probably get away with. We can chat here all day but only we can keep ourselves in check. The sparring on the forum is opportunity to develop ourselves. Fair play to Adam, he keeps going despite the flack and he does seem to be getting better. Instead of masses of verses he’s hitting hard with a few now. The potential is there, takes time.

Marcouse

View Profile
This is for those whose faith needs increasing, revealing the many false teachers who founded this worlds churches and the many who follow them, wrongly.
Posted : 20 Dec, 2020 01:36 PM

I quite liked the layout of ADAM's post on this occasion.

Can't fault a man for trying.

Marcouse

View Profile
31 Logical Fallacies in 8 Minutes
Posted : 14 Dec, 2020 02:41 PM

Here's a fallacy ' people own their home'.

If you have to pay the government rent every year AKA property tax then clearly you don't own your home. Government provided services could just be paid for out of income tax but taxing a property removes the capability for a person to live outside the system. If you run out of money to pay that tax you have to sell the home or go to jail.

Marcouse

View Profile
the unfriendly game of eternal russian roulette
Posted : 14 Dec, 2020 11:08 AM

Christianity is not an insurance policy, it is a way of life.

I'd do it even if heaven and hell did not exist because I believe the teachings of Jesus and Gods laws are correct.

I don't see avoiding sin as an inconvenience but something to strive for.

We are created to glorify God as we are made in his image. Without this no man has a real purpose as everything they do will pass away and become nothing. Without a purpose what are we?

Marcouse

View Profile
does God hate anyone?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2020 04:48 PM

The translation of the Bible to English does not always translate directly. The punishment for sinful deeds would be such as if hated, but God does not hate the base person. If an artist painted a picture he hated he would most likely destroy it as soon as it was finished. God has created us all and the fact that we have life and all live proves he does not hate us. As long as anyone is alive they have a chance to be redeemed, hate would not give anyone that chance.

Marcouse

View Profile
Professing Christians
Posted : 10 Dec, 2020 09:57 AM

ADAM7777 is not

He's not that good. 99% of people would follow as long as they were given a choice.

An academic mind, a scientific mind and a theologians mind will not find the truth. You need an open mind that is willing to question everything.

Marcouse

View Profile
I will be celebrating Christmas how about you?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2020 09:52 AM

Plenty of theologians have all but proved from scripture that Jesus was not born on 25th December around the solstice. September is more than likely the time of that event.

The reason for not having the date of His birth or any images is to prevent idolatry. People have a habit of focusing on only what they see. What Jesus's body looked like or when he was born makes no odds, if you want to go deeper I'd question if it was even as long ago as 2000 years.

There's an old saying 'never trust anyone who only reads one book'. I try to read them all.

Marcouse

View Profile
Believers dead to sin
Posted : 9 Dec, 2020 12:34 PM

The Esau in us is always going to naturally sin but as we grow in Christ the Holy Spirit will usurp that side of us more and more in the same way as Jacob usurped his brother who naturally should have had the birthright.

In practical terms this means we will be able to pull ourselves up more before sin can take hold. It will still be there but if you can keep it on the back burner it's not going to influence the actions in our lives.

Sin happens in the mind first so if you actually carry out a sinful deed you sin twice.

Maybe some people should check their anger, unleashing the beast because you feel justified doesn't make it right or not a sin. The Bible is not a weapon to beat people over the head with.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13