Author Thread
bushfire^

View Profile
My dream
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:50 PM

Do it now. There are software programs to accommodate your creativity.

bushfire^

View Profile
The reason I have no confidence in myself
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:48 PM

That's not the reason. That's the excuse. We're fallen individuals. Satan fell to pride (ego). Ego is feelings, usually false and indicative of truth. What you're experiencing is due to not dying to self (ego). Someone may find you unattractive, but that doesn't mean anyone else in your shoes would feel, let alone thing, the same way. Make sense? Seek God more and fill with Him. Abide in Him. Let that force the ego and hurt feelings out. You'll gain confidence as you become firm in your faith. Our hope is for tomorrow and being with God, not focusing on self and its hurts. That's a downward spiral, brother. Self pity stems from self AKA ego. Do this. Focus on loving others. Seek what God's love looks like. I guarantee you will have a different perspective and come to love yourself more and more each and every day.

bushfire^

View Profile
Separated
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:41 PM

OP that's a very legalistic view point, one seen in your replies to other posts. I'll contrast it with wisdom. A wise person would not date a separated person or one recently divorced but allow that person to decompress and figure out their life. Hopefully the divorcee allows the Holy Spirit to guide and mature them so they don't end up marrying the same type of person again. I've heard many say they married someone different and yet they're going thru a second, third, or fourth divorce. They didn't marry someone different except in superficial aspects.

bushfire^

View Profile
Radio Talk Show Reveals Hypocrisy in Men
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:37 PM

Sounds like your stereotyping and using the worldly to represent all men and women.

bushfire^

View Profile
Contract
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:32 PM

Read Matthew 19.

bushfire^

View Profile
Love and long distance
Posted : 26 Jun, 2018 05:07 AM

Biblically speaking, God says it is wrong or a sin for us to be jealous. The Bible also states God is jealous for us. Here's my takeaway.

Human jealousy is based on 'self', what psychologists call narcissism. The person is upset they're not #1 in another's life. The act that brings it to life can be real or imaginary. Jealousy is always there in a person even before they're in a relationship. In their mind they believe others are untrustworthy and must constantly prove themselves trustworthy. Meanwhile, the Bible says not to place trust in man, which speaks against the person constantly looking for others to prove themselves by being trustworthy. Such behavior indicates the holder of jealousy sees themselves as better than their neighbor, thus raised above others in a god-like manner. Deep down they think they are made of finer clay than their neighbor. THeir totem view of the universe is others at the bottom, then themselves a notch up, then God. One thing never enters their mind is that they're wrong in their worldview, which is where jealousy stems from. It sounds a lot like judgmentalism don't it? They deem others unworthy even though no act has been committed.

God's jealousy is the exact opposite. He's not in a rage of emotional jealousy. He is jealous FOR us. Human jealousy is against us/others. God wants the best for us. Us running off to bow before false gods is neither good nor Holy nor truthfful. In Proverbs, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end leads to death." God doesn't want us running to death, but sent Christ to give us Abundant Life. A person in Abundant Life doesn't have time for petty jealousy, they're too busy loving God and their neighbor. Jealousy is not a fruit of the spirit, thus loving people are their own guard that keeps jealousy from creeping in. You can't wish the best for someone and be jealous of them. As Christ said, Do fresh and salt water come from the same well?

bushfire^

View Profile
Judge not
Posted : 20 Jun, 2018 08:57 AM

Sometimes I think the few words in the English language compared to the original languages of the Bible do us more harm than good. Some people still live in the condition Adam and Eve chose for us, in constant choosing of what is good and evil and that is apart from what God calls good and evil. Anything they dislike is stupid, for instance. We should probably say, stop being judgmental instead of judge not, as God tells us over and over to make righteous judgments. It's good to judge righteousness from unrighteousness, good from evil, etc..

What I see happening in churches is that people become aware of good and evil, then see everyone elses faults as evil and then they attack them verbally with pointed finger ready to cast a stone. That is what Christ is saying to stop.

bushfire^

View Profile
Deal breaker
Posted : 20 Jun, 2018 08:50 AM

Lack fo humbleness. Argues instead of converses. (Does not speak with the conversation, only against it. Cannot discuss a topic from multiple points of view and only sticks to their belief, self-justifying why they believe what they believe instead of taking their thoughts captive and making them obedient to Christ. (2 Cor 10:5))

Someone who reasons as the world and without sanity (2 Tim 1:7) and without empathy (Luke 10:25�37). Many do not speak to the person but at them. That's a turn off for me. Who wants to be married to a rude person who does not listen or consider the other?

Something that I cannot point to a scripture is the person who is obsessed with their cell phone and self-justifies it by saying it's for work or children or.... It is always excuse after excuse and when they answer the phone its an adult child with nothing special going on. Same when they go thru text after text. They are so busy looking down, they don't look up during the date. Who keeps doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results (Pr 26:11)?

bushfire^

View Profile
WHY NOT TURN THE PAGE TO SEE WHATS ON THE OTHER..
Posted : 20 Jun, 2018 08:42 AM

You touched on a point that many refuse to acknowledge. I've seen it on Christian Mingle chat forums on the site when they had forums and on Facebook group pages. The women who engaged in "all men are the same" rants, were those who refused to acknowledge the single common factor of all their bad relationships was themselves. In observing what they wrote and how they responded, they all gave themselves like fools to whomever came along, threw themselves into a new relationship as if it were the end of the world and they needed to make it work. Anything anyone wrote that told them to not open love before its time, to act wisely, and to see what they could do different was met with harsh criticism as if they had just been called bad names. Once again I'm reminded of Isaiah 5:20 backwards worldview. The issue wasn't really with the men, but with themselves. Their pride/ego (what Satan fell to) was the culprit that kept them from looking into the mirror. Also at play was Proverbs 26:10 "Like an archer who wounds at random is one who hires a fool or any passer-by." Fools do not believe they're foolish.

bushfire^

View Profile
GUYS ANSWER HONESTLY
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 04:56 PM

"Like an archer who wounds at random is one who hires a fool or any passer-by." Pr 26:10.

It's wise to know what one is looking for. A fool doesn't know and ends up with a fool.

Page : 1 2 3 4