Author Thread
KaraokeMojo

View Profile
Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 10:47 AM

I don't think it's rude in certain circumstances. For instance, I get all kinds of emails from men from middle eastern countries asking me to marry them right off, and I have never even heard of them before. It downright scares me. They claim to have read my profile and that they are madly in love with me and want to start a long term relationship with me. Well, if they had, indeed, read my profile, they would not have written me at all. My profile basically says that if you are not born in the USA I do not want contact from you. Now, is it very Christian like to not answer those emails from people ignoring what your profile says? YES IT IS CHRISTIAN LIKE! I would like to think that if someone is ignoring your wishes that they are not a safe person to have contact with. Now if it is someone that is truly interested in you, and you are not interested in them, just say "I don't think we would make a good match". And leave it at that. I was practically spammed after telling one of my middle eastern "suitors" that I was not interested in any sort of relationship with someone outside the USA. I got all kinds of nasty emails saying he was going to come kidnap me and make him his wife-slave and so on. I just didn't reply to them and here i am safe and sound. He was just a tempromental pakistani man, that's all. And he finally stopped. But really, people, if you haven't read someone's profile or you are not what they are looking for, just don't email them. Then you won't be dissappointed that they refuse to email you back! Have some common sense.