Author Thread
AriFi

View Profile
So plane tickets booked and she drops this bomb shell..
Posted : 25 Oct, 2014 12:12 PM

Bad luck - she is unreliable and you should avoid her otherwise you will end up in trouble later on. On the other hand, it would be a pity to waste the tickets. So I would personally go to visit the U.S., meet her as a friend, but definitely I would not marry this women. Just be careful not to fall in love, that is dangerous! :-) Reason first :-)

AriFi

View Profile
Hi there :)
Posted : 24 Oct, 2014 03:42 PM

Hi grlnextdr777,

I have met two very nice and friendly girls/women here and we have exchanged quite a few intelligent messages. However, I am here not because I would be obsessed with dating - I am here first of all to make women friends as I have had very few so far. I am divorced (hope to get an "annulment") and during my marriage I stayed away from friendships with women. So that's for my experience with the site.

There are some scammers, usually quickly discovered, but anayway be careful.

Good luck!

AriFi

View Profile
Martial Status: SEPARATED........
Posted : 24 Oct, 2014 03:33 PM

Yes, that's a very honest and good attitude, I quite agree.

AriFi

View Profile
10/24/14 partial solar eclipse
Posted : 23 Oct, 2014 11:56 AM

Thanks! I'll try to watch it - not yet sure how (it is dangerous to see it directly with a naked eye).

AriFi

View Profile
Did Scientists Create Life?
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 05:50 PM

:glow:

AriFi

View Profile
Christians in politics
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 05:33 AM

We philosophers handle questions, unsually in surprising ways - as a leading contemporary ethicist said:

"You ask a philosopher a question and after he or she has talked for a bit, you don't understand your question any more." Philippa Foot

:glow:

AriFi

View Profile
Posted : 8 Oct, 2014 11:29 AM

That's exactly right! We humans are "created in his image" after all, so we are also creative but only in a derived, weaker sense.

AriFi

View Profile
Posted : 8 Oct, 2014 11:24 AM

That's exactly right! We humans are "created in his image" after all, so we are also creative but only in a derived, weaker sense.

AriFi

View Profile
What is the right response to wink?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 04:03 AM

DianFyr: "I see..from a woman's perspective, messages are preferred. I don't know about guys. Would u rather get a wink or a message from a woman?"

Rambo 919: "A wink is a risk free way of gauging interest, it's permissible to ignore a wink but rude to ignore a message."

Interesting. I would think that not replying to wink is rude too.

I would say that "wink-wink" means "hi-hi" and then anybody may or may not start a conversation.

I have a related problem with how to interpret "favorites". For me it means not just "perhaps I shall marry this woman/man" but also "I like this person" or "I'd like to have this person as a friend".

Maybe we should have two categories "hope-to-date" and "favorite". How do you view this?

In general, I think dating-sites should not be obsessed with dating. You know a person through interaction not just with you but with many other people as well. And anyway, being well married is good but not the most important in life, as we Christian know :-)

AriFi

View Profile
Christians in politics
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 03:45 AM

Thank you for your kind words, Ardenz! Yes, I talk, that's true, I am a philosopher after all :-)

Page : 1 2 3