Author Thread: Why can’t Charismatics defend their modern day healings that differ significantly from biblical accounts of healings? Why won’t Charismatic’s defend their version of tongue speaking that also differs significantly from Biblical accounts of tongues?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Why can’t Charismatics defend their modern day healings that differ significantly from biblical accounts of healings? Why won’t Charismatic’s defend their version of tongue speaking that also differs significantly from Biblical accounts of tongues?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 07:56 AM

The Bible commands us to give an answer to those who ask us to give an account for our belief but many charismatics disobey this passage of scripture.

Instead of answering questions and concerns, many charismatics quickly try to dismiss such questions and change the subject or become angry and name call or even falsely accuse the person asking.

Here are some questions charismatics are most likely to run from:

Why are charismatic miracles significantly different from biblical examples of miracles?

Why are charismatic tongues significantly different than biblical examples of tongues?

Why are charismatic miracles and tongues so similar in comparison to miracles performed by false religions that they are indistinguishable?

Why do some charismatics despise people who study the Bible? (Yes, you cannot make this stuff up!!!)

Why do (some) Charismatics despise certain theological studies and questioning?

Why are (many) Charismatics not forthright with their own history? Why are they not familiar with their own historical characters, those men and women who contributed to charismatic history?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Why can’t Charismatics defend their modern day healings that differ significantly from biblical accounts of healings? Why won’t Charismatic’s defend their version of tongue speaking that also differs significantly from Biblical accounts of tongues?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 08:02 AM

Universal

All gifts are operationing in the Body of Christ.

It's Biblical.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 08:13 AM

As usual, another non-answer moonlight!

Why come across as on who doesn’t understand your own religion⁉️

Why can’t you defend your own faith? Are you embarrassed?

You follow your leaders with the gullibility of a cult follower.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 08:16 AM

I've posted my beliefs previously.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 08:21 AM

I'm definitely not in any cult.

Jesus Christ talks with Me .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 08:46 AM

I just received an answer to one of my questions from StreetEvangelist on a different thread. Here’s a real Charismatic who isn’t afraid to honestly answer questions‼️‼️

Here’s a copy of his reply:

StreetEvangelist said, Quote: “The Assemblies of God started through the Azusa street revivals in 1906 through William J. Seymour and Jim parham and the Assemblies of God got formed as a denomination in 1914 in Hot Springs, Arkansas to ensure support and accountability for their doctrine, does this help? The headquarters is now in Springfield, MO now.” End Quote

Thank you StreetEvangelist for answering‼️ I appreciate you for coming forward.

To your credit, the answer you gave is definitely a good start. However, it’s more accurate to say the Assemblies of God has its roots in the Azusa Street Revival but the Assemblies of God (as a “denomination”) evolved much later as you indicated.

Now, let’s move to the early Pentecostal characters you mentioned, William J. Seymour and Jim Parham.

What can you tell me about the reputation of these 2 man? What was the racial components involved? What ideological ideas motivated them?

Why wasn’t J. Seymour, a Blackman, allowed certain privileges and relationships that Pentecostal whites enjoyed?

I have many more questions and histrionical observations with regard to Pentecostalism and the Assemblies of God history, formation and evolution but these will do for now as discussion starters.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 08:49 AM

Wonderful 👍

We as Christians do differ.

I know many .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 12:58 PM

Yes we most certainly “differ”

I believe in the REAL miracles that Jesus did.

You, however, believe in make-believe “miracles” that never happen

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 03:49 PM

Miracles TODAY only God performs.

Get it right what I say .

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2023 04:44 PM

That is why we need to test the spirits according to 1 John 4:1-6 and 2 cor 11. If it goes according to scripture it is of God, if not then it is of the devil. Simple as that.