Author Thread: Listen
Admin

Listen
Posted : 27 Sep, 2020 06:57 AM

Scripture: Isaiah 50: 4-5

The Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning. He awakens my ear to hear as the learned.

The Lord has opened my ear and I was not rebellious. Nor did I turn away.

Insight: The ability to counsel others is from the Lord, He is the one who will give the right words to say (or not to say) when comforting or counseling someone;

- The ability to listen well is first practiced by listening to God – morning by morning – and being obedient to what He says.

Application: God is able to instruct me on how to be a good listener and counselor. Therefore, I will

-spend time listening to the Lord, everyday

-be obedient to what the Lord tells me to do

-listen well when someone needs and asks for a listening ear

-ask God for wisdom in giving encouragement or counsel to others

Prayer: Lord, give me the passion to hear from you everyday. Give me the gift of listening and teach my heart to be obedient to what you tell me to do. Please help me to practice compassion to others and lead my lips to speak words that will be beneficial to those who hears them.

Thank you , Jesus. Amen.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Listen
Posted : 21 Oct, 2020 05:35 AM

I can however, pray for people that don't know God .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Listen
Posted : 23 Oct, 2020 08:03 AM

Nedthur says, QUOTE: “There might be somethings I wrote in my previous comments that have offended you, and if that is the case, I apologize. You sound argumentative in your replies and I do get offended by them. This is the last time I will be replying on your posts to this thread as additional replies seem to ruin the original intent and message of the post.“ END QUOTE

You don’t owe me an apology, you didn’t offend me. I try to avoid being easily offended.

Your only fault is lack of clarity about what you believe on the topic of love. Your concept of biblical love seems very shallow. As a consequence, you’re unable to answer questions about love so you just ignore them and run away. But an element of biblical love that you seem to have forgotten about is patience. Patience toward those asking. Instead of answering, you get offended and accusatory. I reread my posts and I don’t see any evidence of being “argumentative”. Perhaps your definition of being argumentative is different than mine.

If you perceive me simply as a trial to you then you should at least recognize me as an opportunity sent to you from God to strengthen your faith.

See James 1:2-8

J.B. Phillips New Testament The Christian can even welcome trouble 2-8 When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realise that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance. But let the process go on until that endurance is fully developed, and you will find you have become men of mature character with the right sort of independence. And if, in the process, any of you does not know how to meet any particular problem he has only to ask God—who gives generously to all men without making them feel foolish or guilty—and he may be quite sure that the necessary wisdom will be given him.

God sends contrary people into our lives to deepen our relationship with him.

Romans 15:5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward >>each other that Christ Jesus had<<.

Page : 1 2 3