Author Thread: go in the "root" of everything.
Admin

go in the "root" of everything.
Posted : 8 Sep, 2012 02:26 AM

I�ve heard this phrase, inpiring:

�What is the depression?

Well, whatever is, a christian can�t be sad for much than �one minute�.

Because the sadness, is a sin against the Holy Spirit�.

I admit I didn�t have think on this before. Or maybe, not so intensely.

And I don�t know if also the melancholy can be considered as sadness.

bye

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2012 11:23 AM

Jesus was sad and He never sinned.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2012 11:25 AM

I'd like to add that a sin is a sin. It's not just okay for one minute but then you have to stop.

mithridates

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2012 10:52 PM

I agree...sadness is both a natural and healthy response to situations. I would argue that it might even be sinful to NOT be sad at certain moments. It would certainly be inhuman to never be sad.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2012 04:17 PM

I don't think sadness is a sin. It's a natural emotion, just like happiness. And depression is a medical condition, and a genetic one at that, not specifically just an emotional state. It's been around for centuries, just hasn't been recognized as a condition until science delved into it more. I think sadness is only a sin when you start letting it be a destructive thing in your life, and don't take proactive steps in trying to remedy the situation. Same with depression; you can't help having a condition you're born with, but, much like with diabetes, it is treatable (not curable), and so you should at least try every avenue of making the best of it and trying your best to live a Godly and productive life.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2012 03:22 PM

It makes me sad when I think about all the evil in the world...murders, aborted babies, people revelling in their sins, etc. Sadness is natural and normal. Just because we have accepted God and have recieved the Holy Spirit doesnt mean that we must always walk around like grinning idiots.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2012 03:25 PM

Sorry I posted here, but it upsets me when people say things like this. It only serves to hurt new or young christians. "Im not happy, all Christians are supposed to be happy, maybe there is something wrong. Maybe I am not Christians enough".

thewanderer

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2012 03:59 AM

How could be anyone be depressed? When we realized that all things work together for our good..then whatever comes our way, we could just be grateful that it happens. Being sad is but normal..but living everyday bearing that sadness is not rather not healthy. :glow::bouncy:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2012 10:33 PM

Ever heard of Don Francisco? Google his song "it ain't no sin to get the blues" (not sure if I can post links here, but it's a free download from his site).