Author Thread: Brothers! What does a woman feminine mean to you? How do you describe it?
Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Brothers! What does a woman feminine mean to you? How do you describe it?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2019 12:26 PM

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2019 10:22 AM

In extreme, everything that is not male.....

Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2019 01:57 PM

Thank you for your reply. You can in more detail what femininity is for you.?

Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2019 01:58 PM

Thank you for your reply. You can in more detail what femininity is for you.?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2019 08:51 AM

It's more difficult to describe than one might think:

It's being the backbone instead of the arms or legs, strength in the background so the foreground can actually do it's job properly.

It's being able to demand respect without resorting to imitating masculinity and taking it outright.

It's being a soft on the outside but hard on the inside.

It's sweet surrender if in a relationship and making the man feel like he is important enough to submit to, affirming his masculinity.

Being the water not the vessel.

Best I can come up with.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2019 05:11 PM

EXCELLENT question!

I always want to resort to scripture to answer that kind of question. In my search I came upon the following from Jenelle of “The Peaceful Haven”

15 CHARACTERISTICS OF BIBLICAL FEMININITY

STRONG (Proverbs 31:17) There is no feminine weakness here although it is noted that the woman is the weaker vessel. It is helpful to remember that God’s power is made perfect in your weakness. Ask God to give you His strength.

IMAGE OF GOD (Genesis 1:26-27) Women are created in God’s image and with that comes a call to represent God well.

TEACHER (Ephesians 6:1-4) Women are to teach their own children about the ways of God, Scripture and how to love. Women are also to teach other women.

HELPER (Genesis 2:18) We are to be our husband’s helper and not the other way around. Marriage is a high calling and a privilege. We should be actively involved in helping our husband in all areas of his life.

A WOMAN (Genesis 2:21-23) There is no androgyny in the Bible. Men are men with certain roles and responsibilities and women are women with their own role and set of responsibilities.

MENTOR (Titus 2:3-5) We as women are to teach, disciple and train other women to love God, their husbands, and children.

TRUSTWORTHY (Proverbs 31:11) Her husband, children, and church know her to be trustworthy by her speech and actions.

SUBMISSIVE (Ephesians 5:22-24) She is submissive to God and to her husband.

CHRIST FOLLOWER (Deuteronomy 6:7) She is a Christian in name and deed.

HOMEMAKER (Titus 2:5) Her realm of influence and the majority of her work is home-based.

ENTREPRENEUR (Proverbs 10:31) She creatively comes up with ways to supplement her husband’s income.

MOTHER (Genesis 1:27-28) If God enables her, she is to have children. She is also to have spiritual children, teaching other women and women new in the faith.

CHURCH MEMBER (Acts 2:39) She is a member of her local church where she meets with other believers to worship God, serve and fellowship with other believers.

KIND (Proverbs 31:26) She speaks words that display God’s wisdom and kindness is on her tongue.

BEAUTIFUL (1st Peter 3:3-4) She has a quiet and gentle spirit which is precious in God’s sight.

—Jannelle

I could not have said it better myself!!

THANKS Janelle

And I might ad:

A truly feminine woman dresses responsibly and decently. Her wardrobe isn’t designed to sensually display skin and all the crevasses on her body i.e. such as yogi pants or skin tight leggings. In addition, a truly feminine woman is strong enough to resist the impulses of an insecure man who needs to put his wife’s sensually on public display