Author Thread: Stilling The Storm/Are You?
Admin

Stilling The Storm/Are You?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2008 04:12 PM

In trying to remember exactly and for what specific purpose it was about and just why it had to take place is something some shall never know. Or, if it is to be known, are we prepared to take advantage of a forth coming? Is it your question that is in need of an answer or are you just taking up the time to just, �fill in the blanks?�

It is always a pleasure to delve into God�s Word and in asking for guidance and understanding. It is a good thing indeed! Especially, when it is shared with others! In trying to have �Full Understanding,� within these earthly shells, especially when we are to reflect Christ to others, sometimes our reflection does not complete it�s purpose for others to see. Is it in this purpose that we shine or is it in something really and totally different than what we truly want to understand?

Life, in �this ole world,� sometimes comes at us too fast and we are totally unaware when it happens. Then at other times, in a slow procession, it still may just pass us by. With that being said, in �Stilling The Storm,� �Are you?�

On a certain day it came to pass, that Jesus went into the ship with his disciples. After all boarding, Jesus asked, �Let us go over unto the other side of the lake.� Without even a doubt or a question being asked, His followers proceeded to launch the boat. It is not said as to how long the trip would take or even if it was possible. Yet, with Jesus aboard, no doubt, no fear, nor no question was asked. Is this the �proof positive� of the apostles towards having a total trust in our Lord? Is this the �idea� that was to show how our reactions to such tings in our own life should be trusted? Do we have that �total ability� to trust in someone, or something, without ever having a negative thought about it? I would present here, that our Savior, by this example, that where He sends his disciples, He not only sends them, but He also ever accompanies them. �Proof in the Pudding,� if you will, would also show that those of a Christian Faith should so ever be made safe with any venture we are sent on to even include the �anywhere� that Christ sends us.

It was not to soon after the launch took place, that our Savior fell asleep. Being unaware, the Apostles were surprised as sudden squall came across the water and in having such strong billows, the waves were soon lapping over the gunnels of their boat. The immediate reaction from the Apostles were their boat was sinking. Of course, this is not an unlikely feeling to be consumed with. Are we in jeopardy or not? Being so perplexed by their situation, we are told, �And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish.� In having all power and purpose at His Will, we are told, �Then He arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.� In a second thought here, I would present, even though we are at a peace, or a calmness in our Faith, there will be many �Storms� which presents our Faith with an ever enduring trust in knowing that, not only in the ups, but also in the downs, we shall be proved! Jesus directly asked of those in company with Him, �Where is your faith?� Where is your faith? I would suggest the following as an answer, Yes, �We Do Have Christ In All!�

It is, and has always been proven, Jesus Christ is our relief. Even though we are tried of our �Faith,� He is patient with us and He will make our deliverance the more welcome when it comes at last.

When we are pursued by others, in their wanting a proof of what is within us, we should always be prepared to engage. We should always be �Awake� about His indwelling within us. This is the way to prove our fears, even though being real, can and will always be silenced in our continued obedience. When we call upon Him in true sincerity, we may be sure that he will not let us perish.

Is it now apparent for what specific purpose it is all about and just why it had to take place?

Are we prepared to take advantage of a forth coming if presented?

Has our question of need been answered, or, are we still just taking up time to just, �fill in the blanks?�

Finally, and once again, as the title suggests;

A brother in Christ seeking all truth of His Knowledge,

Styron

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2008 04:50 PM

dsfgdsfgfd

Juvie

View Profile
History