harshness. I�m going work harder at viewing others with mercy and

grace.

PRAYER:

Dear God, please forgive me for being unfairly harsh and

critical in my assessment of others. Thank you for being so rich

and free with your mercy and grace lavished on me in Jesus. Please

help me to be more gracious and merciful in the way I assess the

intent and motivation of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ

and of non-Christians as well. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. - ( Phil Ware)

View Profile
History
Matthew 7:1
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 08:16 AM

We are not to judge, however we are to "judge rightly" which is very close to the meaning of the word "evaluate". As a matter of fact, confrontation at times is very proper, intervention is just as proper...yes, a mistake can be made, you could be wrong, but taking a risk is far, far better than being "comfortable" or leading a "milk toast" walk with the Lord....

bless,

michael

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 01:08 PM

You have to read the entire passage of Matthew 7 1-5 ; especially verses 4-5 they are the key verses.

1 �Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 �Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother�s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, �Let me take the speck out of your eye,� when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother�s eye.

Also: The intent of a persons heart is revealed in their actions --be observant: AND DO NOT DENY WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN. To do so is to behave unwisely.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2011 11:46 AM

Hi,

I am sure there is much more to this issue of not judging than meets the eye. From what I have heard and seen the word translated "judge" in this verse has to do with judging in a "condemning" way. :MrT:

This can be equated to discerning that the person is in sin or is a sleazebag, etc... but then taking the next step and saying that there is no hope for that person and that they cannot change and deserve to go to hell, etc.. and.. then letting them know what we think... ouch!!! :angeldevil:

Just my take... we do need to be careful not to judge this way... and ...then there is the other angle... the critical spirit... just zapping people left and right based on our take on things...:angeldevil:

Like many here, I am guilty of just about all the wrongs possibly associated with judgement and I certainly don't love my enemies all the time.... but... before opening my mouth... i have found it really helps to take things to the Lord in prayer.. :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2011 08:47 AM

I do believe that sometimes we need to judge situations inorder to make wise decisions... May be the only problem here could be if we judge to condemn-that is because we are not righteous and we definately have no right or authority to judge anyone. it is only God who can do that.:applause: