Author Thread: Pearls of wisdom
Admin

Pearls of wisdom
Posted : 27 Jul, 2011 12:21 PM

Sitting on my porch looking out onto the pool area not five minutes ago I overheard a grandpas talking to another older couple, also grandparents remark, "The joy of being a grandparent with 7 kids is jacking em up on candy then sending them home." :) As I sat there enjoying a root beer and beautiful day I began to smile and knew I had to get that down.

Any pearls from your experiences? Share them here for lack of a specific group.

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Pearls of wisdom
Posted : 28 Jul, 2011 04:15 AM

Whatever time you invest into your children today will be harvested later when they leave the nest.

ToLoveAgain

View Profile
History
Pearls of wisdom
Posted : 7 Aug, 2011 03:54 PM

Your children need your presence more than your presents.

View Profile
History
Pearls of wisdom
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 08:55 PM

Give them a fish and they eat for a day. Teach them to fish and they eat for a lifetime.

View Profile
History
Pearls of wisdom
Posted : 6 Oct, 2011 10:44 PM

It's important to know that It's OUR responsibility as PARENTS, to raise our children up in the Lord!! Don't let the Sunday school class they may attend each week do it for you! It's simply not enough! WE are held accountable by God to teach them the things of God, how to pray,to memorize scripture, to be honest, to be kind, to be peacemakers ect. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT suggesting that you beat your kids over the head with the Bible, or to cram it down their throats!! This will likely just push them away! Lovingly and gently teach them the ways of the Lord, guiding them as our Father, The Good Shepherd, guides us..It is also of most importance to lead by EXAMPLE!!! Most often THIS will impact them much more than the words that come from our mouths!! Will we mess up?? Of Course!! It's not easy being a single parent, as you all know!! But through prayer, asking God for His wisdom and guidence, AND PATIENCE!!! We can raise our children in His ways!! One last thought, our children NEED our prayers, for their safety, to make right choices, ect. ect. We are their prayer warriors and God ANSWERS!! Alone, we are and can do NOTHING. But WITH GOD, we can do ALL things!!! Phillipians 4:13. God bless us all as we strive to do His will in our lives, and the lives of our children. Amen and glory to God!! :angel: