Author Thread: So Many Single Mothers?
Admin

So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2007 07:13 PM

Hello all.

I want it to be known that this post is in no way an attempt to judge anyone or put anyone down, it is purely a question i often ask myself and would love to know an answer to.

I have noticed A lot of single Christian mothers on this website, and was wondering why this is.

A little about me, I believe that the bible teaches/encourages us to stay clear of "S" before marriage, and with this in mind am confused when there are so many single (not talking about divorced) young 'Christians' who also retain the title of 'single mother'.

That's all i wanted to ask, if you feel it is too personal to answer, then i respect that and your choice to move on to another topic, however if you would like to share your thoughts and or story, it would be really appreciated.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 16 Jul, 2008 01:01 AM

brokensmilensj ,

I completely and whole-heartedly agree and empathize.

Nonetheless, I am in daily prayer that God will create a turnaround, and not let this marriage and family be broken apart.

But in the end, my wife has a choice to make. God's will will never override our free will.

Shaun

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:20 PM

Hay I am a single dad , I never chose to be and it hurt that I loved my ex-wife even though I knew she was cheating on me and the devestation it was causing her kids and I, but she still did it anyway and knew the life she would give up.

I forgave her and moved on.

It is hard to do, and I gave her a year before I made this statement.The year ended 14.8.08 ,

Life is too short and all I can say it's not easy and there is someone out there that truly loves you the amount of times he has come to save me, means hey I must be worth saving.

I only hope that I can give truly, thanks, glory and love back to the one that saved me.

Sanjiv

loveangels

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2008 06:42 PM

Thank you so much for what you said because all christians were not perfect and as the good book says all have sinned and fall short. Yes it was a lapse in judgement because I am a single mother also and now have rededicated my life to the lord and repented so that means all is forgiven so to the one that ask that question everyone has an opinion but please don't judge because like another single mother said you don't know anyones situation and the lord said come to me first then he'll fix it not fix it first then come.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2009 07:41 PM

I could ask this question: Why is it that a guy judges a woman based on her past? and a man is suppossed to Love a woman as "Christ loved the church and gave his life for her"

There would definately be less single-mothers out there.

regards,

Arlena

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2009 07:41 PM

I could ask this question: Why is it that a guy judges a woman based on her past? and a man is suppossed to Love a woman as "Christ loved the church and gave his life for her"

There would definately be less single-mothers out there.

regards,

Arlena

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2009 07:51 PM

not all women who are divorced, have cheated on their ex,

mine was mentally controlling and sometimes was abusive physically and is a woman suppossed to stay with their husband and take that kind of treatment? I have chosen the path of celibacy until I meet the man God has chosen for me.

Not all women are bad, just like I have to remind myself, not all men are bad.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?

mine was mentally controlling and sometimes was abusive physically and is a woman suppossed to stay with their husband and take that kind of treatment? I have chosen the path of celibacy until I meet the man God has chosen for me.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2009 08:53 PM

I keep thinking: why do men see single-mothers (even through divorce), as being vunerable targets? at best they barely tolerate your child so that they can get what they can ....That is why I stopped searching for someone, I am going to let God bring that special person into my life.

If a person is really interested in getting to know me and respect me as a person, then they will also accept my child for he is part of me.

Don't know why guys think that a woman is'nt entitled to make mistakes...but for the guys on here , the majority are looking for just "anything".....

And when a single-mom is searching to find a true relationship

with someone they are judged as not even being worthy to take the time to get to know?

If Jesus thought that way about the woman at the well...think...the woman would not have responded and made the change towards true repentance.

And for the woman who washed Jesus feet with her tears and dried them with her hair....those around whispered "does he not know what kind of woman who is touching him"?

something to think about: God does'nt push us away because of past failures and sins. In truth, we all deserve eternal punishment for our sins, but God through his love and mercy is there to love us and forgive us.

"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"...

regards,

Arlena

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 27 Jan, 2009 11:43 AM

Reading I Cor 5, it is clear that if a brother calls himself a Christian and lives in fornication, he is put out of the church.

If he repents, then it is forgiven, and he enters the full fellowship of Christ.

If he refuses to repent, then he is not a child of God.

Page : 1 2 3 4