Author Thread: So Many Single Mothers?
Admin

So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2007 07:13 PM

Hello all.

I want it to be known that this post is in no way an attempt to judge anyone or put anyone down, it is purely a question i often ask myself and would love to know an answer to.

I have noticed A lot of single Christian mothers on this website, and was wondering why this is.

A little about me, I believe that the bible teaches/encourages us to stay clear of "S" before marriage, and with this in mind am confused when there are so many single (not talking about divorced) young 'Christians' who also retain the title of 'single mother'.

That's all i wanted to ask, if you feel it is too personal to answer, then i respect that and your choice to move on to another topic, however if you would like to share your thoughts and or story, it would be really appreciated.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 14 Feb, 2009 01:01 AM

Repentance is God's gift. He says, "Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor [sodomites], nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor [those that take by force], shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such WERE some of you: but you washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of God", so that what happened is defined by God (I Cor 6).

We are not these things, if we believe that Jesus is the reason that God has saved us.

Like brethren in scripture, we fall and bare the shame of our sins, and yet God puts His fear in us and causes us to believe in the forgiveness of sins. Doing this, He gives us obedience, as His gift, also, so that "the grace of God that brings salvation" teaches us "that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world", so that mercy obtained makes us glorify mercy (Titus 2). Our hope is great, salvation is perfect in Christ, and God makes us want His glory in how we live, so that we may adorn the doctrine as a bride is adorned by her gown.

Believers are who God says that we are. We are not children of the flesh controlled by lusts. We are new, loved, and under grace continually, so that grace won't allow us to sin without love bringing repentance.

blessings are in Christ, and for His sake, they are given to all that believe, each having a measure of God given faith.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:01 AM

Well I guess there is no need for you to repent anymore at this point, WOW, what a heretic...

Christians still sin because our flesh is unregenerate, but our souls have been renewed, taking our desire to sin away, but we will always fight our flesh until the return of our Lord when we receice our new bodies. Do not be too bold in your statements, you say you dont "mean" to offend, but your words are snake filled and not scriptural.

I suppose you think there was no serious reason for God to DIE and horrible, gory, bloody death for you...

We sin because man is corrupt in every way. It says in the Bible �NO MAN SEEKS GOD, NOT EVEN ONE.� Not even you. Think about who you were before the Lord changed you, think about all the people you hurt, and how much you did not want God to come in and take over until you had no choice but to surrender to Him. Think about all the secretive things you do now. Just because you can hide your sins better does not mean they are not there, you are a sinner until you die. Even denying who you are, and pointing your finger will set you up for judgement.

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:03 AM

That post was in responce to TYE11

helives625

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 29 May, 2010 01:16 AM

I'm a single mother! I was not a christian before having lil girl! I wanted a better life for her and knew that started with my heart . I now love and sreve the Lord and thank him for everything I have, And I am now waiting till I get married and feel blessed that God has given me a second chance!!

helives625

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 29 May, 2010 01:17 AM

I'm a single mother! I was not a christian before having lil girl! I wanted a better life for her and knew that started with my heart . I now love and sreve the Lord and thank him for everything I have, And I am now waiting till I get married and feel blessed that God has given me a second chance!!

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 2 Mar, 2011 08:22 AM

When God shows us his mercy, yes we are born again and cleansed from all unrighteousness. I did see some things you wrote that made God out to be someone he is not..

"He has CHOSEN some out of death IRRESISTIBLY"

"he created hell for us"

"for his will and for his purpose alone."

First of all Scripture is 100% clear that we have a free will and that he draws "ALL MEN UNTO HIMSELF!"

But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." John 12:32

"EVERYONE" who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now CHOOSE life" Deuteronomy 30:19

How then shall we be saved if we "NEGLECT" so great salvation..

Hebrews 2:3

"Choose", "neglect"," Everyone who" are not things God forces on us, they are free will choices.

"He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

2 Peter 3:9

God wants everyone to come to repentance..but why don't they? Because we have free will to come...or to stay in sin...

I could go on but I have another point to get to..

God cares for us so much he will do things out of his will and nature

He gave Israel a king because the people demanded one..

He told King David (after he committed adultery) "And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!"

Jesus said God let Israel get divorces because of the "hardness of their hearts."

One more thing, hell was def not created for us, It was created for Satan and his angels..Jesus pointed that out in the gospel

Think about these things and pray..I used to be reformed before, but God has shown me the light..

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 2 Mar, 2011 08:41 AM

That post was for Kelly

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 2 Mar, 2011 09:14 AM

I have a correction to make, God never does anything out of his will and nature....corrected! yeah!

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 15 Apr, 2011 01:08 AM

Yeah and I'm wondering why are they SO many men on here with children?

Sugar_and_Spice

View Profile
History
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 02:34 AM

I am a single mother because I was in love and was not thinking. When I learned I was having a baby me and my bf at that time had already separated. It never crossed my mind to have an abortion or give my son up even though I know things will definitely change once i have him. I have no regret at all keeping him. I know this time, being a single mom, it will be more difficult for me to find the right man. A man who will love us both, me and my son. Someone who will not judge me for the mistakes i made in my past. I need a husband and my son needs a father. I know that is too much to ask but I know if it is God's will I will find one.

:prayingf:

Page : 1 2 3 4