Author Thread: My HS Freshman son is a proclaimed Agnostic
Admin

My HS Freshman son is a proclaimed Agnostic
Posted : 9 Oct, 2011 06:36 PM

So I have lived a CHristian life, and brought my children up in church. We don't just attend, I live it at home as well.

I have two boys; a HS Freshman and an eighth grader.

Both boys are athletic, intelligent, involved in youth group, scouts and national honor society.

My eldest reepeatedly stated he is agnostic. He dosent believe our God would allow bad things to happen to people. He also dosent believe in creation.

Know I know his intellectual sientific mind and his stubborn teen age hormones fule this fire.

I need to know other than my continuing to pray for him, live out my christian life and always be there for him, what to say, what to ask him to read and what argument to make for him coming around.

I know he won't always stray from the way he was raised, and that I put good values, christian values into him.

Exasperated, I ask anyone that has a similar experience or helpful insight to chime in. Thank you in advance and GOD bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2011 07:40 PM

Giraffe68

the book is Understanding the purpose & Power of Prayer" by Dr. Myles Monroe

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2011 01:54 AM

this well help

What Is Reality?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/what-is-reality/

There is a strange and mysterious world that surrounds us, a world largely hidden from our senses.

The quest to explain the true nature of reality is one of the great scientific detective stories.

Clues have been pieced together from deep within the atom, from the event horizon of black holes, and from the far reaches of the cosmos.

It may be that that we are part of a cosmic hologram, projected from the edge of the universe. Or that we exist in an infinity of parallel worlds. Your reality may never look quite the same again.

:rocknroll::rocknroll::rocknroll::rocknroll::rocknroll::rocknroll::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2011 02:40 PM

All you can do is pray and witness through your life. As for books, it might help him to know that there are people that are both Evangelicals and scientists and write books promoting that you can be both Evangelical and accept modern science such as Francis Collins, Denis Lamoureaux and David Wilcox. But I know this is a very controversial issue among American believers and you may not want him to read such books.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2012 11:34 AM

I tried sending you a message OP, but I couldn't.

But I have a friend who is similar, he was a hardcore Christian when we were in high school, then we went to different schools and he became an atheist.

It's hard. I mean, I've tried sharing the gospel and debating things with him, but he just doesn't want to hear it and it almost turns him away further. I think the best thing to do is pray and hope that someone else will come into his life that can infleunce him.

Page : 1 2