Author Thread: its hard to answer my daughter's question :(
geleen

View Profile
History
its hard to answer my daughter's question :(
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 04:05 PM

its hard to raised a kid especially by our own but whats the hardest is they are growing without a father...and its really hurting me seeing my child keep asking where is her father and why does he left us.i'm a single mom but definitely having my daughter is one of the great blessings that come into my life.I believe that God has a purpose that's why He allow this things to happened to me..I know He has plans...God wants us to remain faithful to Him..and I'm thankful that He's always beside me in every battle of my life..:)

God bless all the single parents! and have faith in God always..:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2011 08:58 PM

I totally understand what you are saying. It is hard to have to answer questions for your daughter. I especially know that you want to soften things for her. I have found that when my daughter, now 12 (was 10 when we separated), asks questions that are difficult, I simply tell her that God is in control even when we do not see or feel it. I also let her know that she may be interested in someday wanting a relationship with the man she calls her dad and her reacting to his seemingly lack of contact or support for her in a negative way, may impede any relationship she may want.

I also never say anything negative about my ex husband, except that at this time, he is choosing to make choices that I couldn't condone. I let my daughter and son know that my ex does love them, he just doesn't know how to express it.

Kids are smart, they tend to know more than we think they do.

CarriedThrough

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2012 10:11 PM

Stay strong in His word for your child. Get her involved in youth programs at church; it's a big help! Let her know there is a father-God-who loves her above all others and His lap is always free to climb up in. :) Talk to your pastor about divorce care classes. They do teach a lot about how to help single parents.

I raised two solo myself-now grown-I can't promise it is always easy, but it does get better. God Bless woman, my prayers are with you.