Author Thread: Extreme cynicism
Admin

Extreme cynicism
Posted : 10 Jan, 2012 08:06 PM

I've been having trouble for a long time with trust in other people. So much so that I've relegated myself to a solitary existence of prayer and Scriptural study. I know what the Bible says about fellowship and loving your neighbor, however I've found that the people who are actually worth being around are far and few in between and don't seem to stick around too long. I would love nothing more than to throw in the towel when it comes to mankind and just have fellowship with the Messiah and YHWH. I know the Creator hasn't given up on people, but I have. Will it be held against me? Am I to be sorry for how I feel? Is it wrong to turn my back on those who follow the ways of this world? It's from the security of a computer keyboard that I ask these questions not only to myself, but to anyone who may have similar thoughts or even just a point of view.

View Profile
History
Extreme cynicism
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 10:09 PM

If you expect perfection out of people, then you will always be let down.

If you accept that people are not perfect, and are able to forgive, you will be a much happier person and be allowed to grow in your faith.

What if everyone gave up on you because you are not perfect?

What if God had?

Try to show them the same grace and forgiveness Christ shows you.

View Profile
History
Extreme cynicism
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 04:54 AM

I also have had trust issues with people in general. But it is so true what lpm10 is saying, if we are true followers of Christ then we ought to reflect His love and compassion - easier said then done..I know. But if a perfect and holy God could leave His Kingdom to live among an imperfect and sinful people, then who are we to turn our backs on our own brothers and sisters?

God bless,

Ken

View Profile
History
Extreme cynicism
Posted : 16 Jan, 2012 11:31 AM

I agree, it's so much easier said than done. Everyone struggles with it. I'm trying to get better at it, but it's always a struggle.

View Profile
History
Extreme cynicism
Posted : 18 Jan, 2012 05:01 AM

This is one of those few times where not being brought up as a Christian is a benefit: there's a clear contrast between my life before I gave it to the Lord and my life afterwards (not to say that since I became a Christian I've not gone wrong). Whenever I give up on people as a whole and think to hell with them (literally, being as they don't want to listen how to get to heaven), I'm reminded and so very grateful God didn't think that way about me.

It's easy to become jaded, especially as a Christian you see such difference between believers and non-believers, but in those circumstances you need to get on your knees and ask Jesus to place His love for others in you, so that you may truly reflect Christ.

View Profile
History
Extreme cynicism
Posted : 4 Mar, 2012 05:24 PM

I like all of these comments posted here and agree with you all.

I also felt lost hope for humanity because of the sin and evil we are surrounded by and the lack of repentance for it. I've actually isolated myself pretty recently because I do feel so alone, and that I have nothing in common with most people because all they want are things that are against God and I can't be associating with people like that.

BUT...the Lord has showed me there are others who love Him as I do, and that they care for me too (at church for example). The only way others can see Christ is through us, and even though it hurts and it's hard, we have to be the light to the darkness. I know how you feel, I've even said "Lord please come quickly, I'm so tired of this life and the evil in it."