Author Thread: BUSHFIRES IN AUSTRALIA
aussiegirlzoe

View Profile
History
BUSHFIRES IN AUSTRALIA
Posted : 10 Feb, 2009 04:21 PM

Hi folks, I live in Australia where there are asmazing things happening at present with natural disasters.

Thousands of square miles of the north of Queensland are inundated by seasonal flooding worse than has ever been seen before and in the state of Victoria there have been and still are terrible fires raging.

I would like to ask you all to pray for those who survived the fires and flooding.

Many lives have been lost in the fires, and 5,000 people are homeless.

The terrible tragedy of these fires is that they were so intense people could not escape.

At some times the flame front was four storeys high and the fire created it's own wind that was so strong it tore a 200foot high mountain ash out by it's roots and flung it on the ground.

One couple had the roof torn off their large house before the fire even hit.

People fleeing in cars, crashed in the intense smoke as tress fell on them or they hit one another or ran off the road, and lives were lost as the heat was so intense the cars melted.

Please pray for those suffering from trauma, that it will not tear apart the families and relationships they need, to cope and survive this experience.

Please pray for Communities to come together in Love and Faith and support one another for the long term as they rebuild.

Please pray for the children, especially those who lost loved ones.

Please pray for the elderly who lost everything and now have to start again.

There are several fundraisers running in Australia and the Australian Red Cross is managing a fund which will not take any administration costs out of the donations.

Every cent will go to help victims rebuild and recover.

We are all hurting with the recession and I personally am at risk of losing my home and cannot send money but I can pray.

Will you send your prayers too?

At times of great disaster like this people will often cry out to GOD as they finally have nothing else left to rely on.

Relationships are their most precious possession and knowing GOD and HIS love can be the one thing that will give them the courage and strength to continue and rebuild and reach out to others in loving support.

Please pray for Salvation for any victims who do not know the love of the Father.

Pray for those who do know GOD that they will stand strong in their faith and trust HIM for the future and share His love with their neighbours.

Lets get a Prayer chain going for these people across the world.

9msn an Australian tv station has a webpage "Today"where you can post your thoughts and encouragement for the victims.

GOD Bless you and have a nice day, Zoe.

View Profile
History
BUSHFIRES IN AUSTRALIA
Posted : 10 Feb, 2009 09:40 PM

Hi Zoe,

My heart and prayers go out to those affected by these fires. I have prayed that God will vindicate their senseless deaths, since it is believed that they were started by a person and/or persons unknown at this time. But God knows who and where they are at this very moment, and they will be caught.

This is so sad and such a horrid crime against innocent people. It took a person of the lowest degree to do something as this? My heart breaks... You hear about people losing everything (personal things) in fires everyday, but to hear about complete families losing their lives in this fire while sitting their cars, trying to escape, is unbelieveable.

Be safe and may God send the rain to stop it. And may God Himself vindicate those who have lost their lives, and those who lost loved ones.:prayingf::angel:

Blessings always,

ella

View Profile
History
BUSHFIRES IN AUSTRALIA
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 08:27 PM

PRAISE GOD! News reports tonight that a suspect has been arrested in the fire. Don't know how many more will be arrested or if this person is the only one and/or one. But at least someone has been arrested for questioning. And I know there will be more.:applause::applause:

Blessings

aussiegirlzoe

View Profile
History
BUSHFIRES IN AUSTRALIA
Posted : 30 Apr, 2009 06:04 PM

Hi, ET, It is rather ironic that it seems to be a volunteer fire fighter who started the fires in one area.

Unfortunately people with a fascination for fire have often joined such organisations.

The effort put in by all the affected communities, and the wonderful support generated across Australia and from overseas is great to see.

People are really trying hard to rebuild the shattered comnmunities.

It is good to see the better side of human nature displayed.

The news is so often full of man's inhumanity to man, and it has been refreshing to see the way people have cared.

It will take a long time yet to repair the damage done, but thankfully the task is underway.

I hope people will continue to pray for those who have suffered.