Author Thread: Why look but not talk?
Admin

Why look but not talk?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 05:42 AM

We can look at each others profile yet we can't even say a polite hello.start sending messages back and forth only to get one word back or a very short sentence.Are we even honest with one another?

View Profile
History
Why look but not talk?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2009 02:24 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I think many times we look at other people's profiles and see something that makes us incompatible, so we move on. I looked at your profile before I answered and there are a couple of things that would have stopped me from contacting you.

That doesn't mean that you did something wrong, just that you would not be who I was looking for. I am sure there are many men out there to whom these things wouldn't matter.

God's favor in your search,

Leon

View Profile
History
Why look but not talk?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 07:15 AM

It's too bad the world is based on looks and not just talking to new people.

View Profile
History
Why look but not talk?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 08:59 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way you look. You appear to be an attractive lady. I was talking about the fact that you say there is no way you would relocate, and the fact that you didn't speak of your relationship with God.

I realize that some people's circumstances will not allow them to relocate. To many men this would not matter, but I don't know where the Lord is leading me, so for me it is important that a woman be free to go with me.

I am in ministry, so it is also important to me that any future mate be focused completely on God. Once again, this is not as important to some men. It is just what I require in a spouse, and isn't that what we are all here looking for?

God blessed me with a wonderful woman, that I met on this sight. Just be yourself, pray, and they will come.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Why look but not talk?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 09:12 AM

I also think that many times we are afraid to send the wrong message by being friendly to people. We have all had others that read more onto our friendly attitude than there is, and sadly that means we stop. On this site, I have seen this reported several times.

Online dating can be tough. That is why many hang out in the forums, you get a glimpse of what people are really like inside. To me it makes it easier to see if we would be compatible.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Why look but not talk?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 11:49 AM

Tinkerbell,

I have looked at your profile and have to agree with my brother Leon. You do not discuss your relationship with God at all in your profile. I know that when I was looking at the mens' profiles and did not see anything about their walk with our Lord it was a cause for concern. When they would send a wink or email, I would politely let them know that we would not be a good match.

If we as Christians are looking for someone who puts God first, then we would like to see this reflected on the profile. The fact is that there are people on this site who say that they are Christians because they believe in God, however they are not all born again believers.

So if the men and women on this site are looking for a mate who reads the word daily, prays, and is active in church, they

will want to see this on your profile.

Blessings, Lydia