Author Thread: Stimulus Package explained!
Admin

Stimulus Package explained!
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 12:14 PM

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you explain it to me?"

The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.

At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's house. The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool.

They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed.

The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told.

The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.

The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"

The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper.

The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.

However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level i t was before, so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could have been truly productive action!"

The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 07:31 AM

Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 12:14 PM

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you explain it to me?"

The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.

At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's house. The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool.

They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed.

The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told.

The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.

The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"

The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper.

The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.

However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level i t was before, so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could have been truly productive action!"

The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You understand the stimulis package

LOL this helped me...whshhh I feel tired...jk I dont know about your or anybody else but when I hear what the goverment is doing and the explainations of how and why I get worried that someone was not listening and put there own ideas how to explain whats going on, (Rumors) I know that the goverment sets on Jesus shoulders and that is my humble understanding to do what Paul instructed us to do. Pray for your leaders pay your taxes and it is not up to you to deside on where it goes but what God had gifted a leader to do and to trust whom you should trust Jesus this is what I do when a new president is elected in the white house because we need to understand the importance of putting a man in office who trusts and believes in Christ. This is who I would vote for and I trust Obama had admited to this because I believe who appoints and chooses leaders. I watch and my Christ watches what I dont know or understand. I hope that America will always Pray for peace in Jerusulem....as well as America. Jews first and then Gentiles if I misinturpeted what the scriptures meant on this I am certain that the lord will trust you Leon to help me on my feet if I need it. (instructions are important when we all are following christ...looking out for the body each member is not more important than the other. I Love you in Christ Jesus bluereyes