Author Thread: some 'Born Again' confusion.. you are rising from the alter, you turn to the church to announce your Lord and Savior..
verifiedtrue

View Profile
History
some 'Born Again' confusion.. you are rising from the alter, you turn to the church to announce your Lord and Savior..
Posted : 6 Jun, 2012 09:03 PM

in THAT moment, your collecting your thoughts to announce, "Christ is in me.' 'My sins are forgiven.' 'I am written in the Book of Life!"

What? what is it that Caused you to KNOW this?

What is this 100% assurance?

there's alot that we Just Know. and it seems to turn out to be that it was after-all, just Right thinking.

how do you know? is my doubting a ploy by satan? then i wonder if this is satan toying w/my doubts, why would he want me to be thinking about God and the spiritual wan of my soul?

verifiedtrue

View Profile
History
some 'Born Again' confusion.. you are rising from the alter, you turn to the church to announce your Lord and Savior..
Posted : 7 Jun, 2012 09:12 PM

no one uses this thread? :prayingf:

jehovajira5185

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2012 08:27 PM

The thing is, we humans want tangable evidence to cooroberate our beliefs, what it really comes down to is FAITH!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Hebrews 11:1, KJV

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2012 06:34 AM

I wonder if all Christians can give a testimony of when they believe they were "born again". From my experience, I was in my bedroom doing research on the economy initially. << I know that sounds strange. I eventually was led to the truth through peeling off layers of lies like an onion until I finally reached the truth. Upon coming into the truth / "believing" that the Word of God is indeed reality and true something happened. My heart sank into my belly and I felt something. I really don't know how to describe it, but my first reaction was to grab a Bible and start reading it. The words jumped off the page. I came into an understanding in which I believe that was what the Scriptures call being "born again".

There is a new nature now. One that does not want to rebel against God. One that fears God. I do transgress regretfully, but I can not rest in that sin like I did before. There is a conviction. << I believe this is what the Scriptures talk about in being regenerated.

I never have yet to this day walked up to the alter even as going to a Baptist church. I do understand the concern of "false" conversions.

I believe the #1 telling factor whether one is truly saved or not is whether or not they are responding to the gospel message believing the Word of God. It's not for us to Judge the heart, but there are huge red flags when there is no transformation or evidence of a changed life.

Just my limited perspective.

God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2012 10:36 AM

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Hebrews 11:1, KJV

AMEN.......!