Author Thread: Get Right or Get Left?
Jett7

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 7 Jun, 2012 01:06 AM

I haven't been to church in some time and I don't pray very much but to say I don't believe in God would be false because every time I come to the most difficult times in my life it's the spirit that I call upon. Theirs a part of me that needs to change and feels that joining a christian church would be the solution and another that's scared to turn my back on everything I ever known. It's the decision to join God's family or stay in conformed with the ways of my worldly family and friends. If theirs one thing I'm sure about it's change I know that I must change to better myself in all areas of my life. I guess the question for me is, what will I do to make these changes.

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 7 Jun, 2012 11:34 AM

Its all about Change...and there is only "one" thing that GOD changes about a person..."Everything"....:peace:

Hear the Gospel (Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus).

(Hear) ROMANS 10:14 How then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they

Believe that Jesus is the Messiah and that He = His Word.

(Believe) JOHN 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.

Repent of anything which is contrary to God's NEW Covenant.

(Repent) ACTS 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Confess that Jesus is your Lord.

(Confess) PHILIPPIANS 2:11 ...and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Be Baptized INTO Jesus Christ (for the forgiveness of your sins and to receive the indwelling seal of God's Holy Spirit). Baptized into His one BODY (the church) NOT into denominations which only further the devil's joy of dividing Christ.

(be Baptized INTO Christ) ACTS 2:38 Peter replied, Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Remain faithful to the COVENANT you have made with God.

(Pursue Faithfulness) REVELATION 2:10 Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

xo

Jett7

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 01:26 AM

Thank you Jude, I appreciate your knowledge and wisdom in the scriptures you offer true service to God. I hope that one day by the power of holy spirit I will forever be changed and become a blessing to someone else.

verifiedtrue

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:31 PM

honey, i ask that you find a copy of 'Pilgrim's Progress'

by John Bunyan.

this souls jorney began in 1676. the last publishing was in 1688.

this Christian, flees his family, friends, community. those fools we're calling him crazy, loon, lost a knot in his stitch.(losing his marbles).

they chased him as he fled from worldliness.

they begged him to return, all would be forgiven, this phase will pas.... he begged them to follow but they would not... any christian jorney love, is on your own. find GOOD PEOPLE to associate with now, but be leery hon. there are sheep out there that want to keep you in a huddle for thier own safety, peace of mind. and then the wolf in....K? you go find that book dear. i hope when you recall reading it later on down the road, you'll light up as much as i when that book comes to mind.

beth

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2012 06:08 PM

all i can say,and i hope this helps You as much as it eventually did me,a very understanding pastor said to me,"be patient GOD will change You wants..."

when i came to the cross i was a alcoholic,and i wrestled with this for 10 more years,and one day,GOD just changed my want,and i no longer wanted alcohol....truely the Battle belongs to the LORD....

so i hope You do not spend a decade beating Yourself over the head for things beyond Your control,like i did....

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2012 03:54 PM

:waving: Hi Jeet7...you are so welcome...and thats not "me" with the knowledge and wisdom in scripture�that�s the Holy Spirit and all credit goes to God�you are a Blessing to Everyone you come in contact with on a daily basis� :excited:

VerifiedTrue/Beth�That�s excellent advice lady�I LOVE the book�It helped me to understand my own personal inner struggle against the world and the things in it�also brought tears to my eyes...:glow:

Peacenic�YUP-A-Roo !!!�:peace:...totally relate�God is Good all the time�

Stay a Blessin to be a Blessin Yall�xo

View Profile
History
Get Right or Get Left?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 04:05 AM

We are human and we certainly cannot do anything in our power to change/transform our lives. It is God who does the transforming just like we are not saved by our works but by God�s grace�All we have to do is to take a step of faith and leave the rest to God.

Let me give you my testimony: before I rededicated my life to God, I used to have this burning desire in me to get serious with my faith but still I did not want to give up a lot of things in my life. Like you, I always knew that I had to change but I wasn�t changing! One day, I decided to take a step of faith other than just saying and thinking. You know how it happened? I made a resolution to read a portion of scripture everyday(though it really wasn�t easy to maintain the discipline) and memorize any verse that spoke to me, I also made it a point to go to church every Sunday hopping that God would saturate me in his anointing and change my life someday, I also made sure that I told God everyday that I needed his grace, help, I told him that I was vulnerable and needed him in my life�little by little and gradually, God began transforming my life through his word. It became much easier for me to give up things that seemed very important in my life then.

So what should you do? Make a step of faith. How? Confess your sins(I john 1:9), surrender and believe in Jesus Christ (John 1:12). Secondly, read your bible everyday (Joshua 1:18, 1Peter 2:2, Psalms 119:105, Ephesians 6:17). Thirdly, pray at all times (Luke 18:1, I Thessalonians 5:17), fourthly do your best to obey what the God commands in his word (James 1:22) and lastly fellowship or attend church-that is how you will grow! Just do your part and let God do his part of transforming you.slowly by slowly, you will realize a change in your life!

:stop: You may keep failing along the way for example you may feel so 'weak' to pray. go to church or even read the bible sometimes but just don't give up! Even mighty men and women of God keep failing! the most important thing is to rise again!(Proverbs 24:16)

I pray that God helps you!