Author Thread: HOPE
lovenote

View Profile
History
HOPE
Posted : 15 Jun, 2012 10:24 AM

This story blessed me and by sharing it i really hope that many also blessed just like i did.

The story came from Miss Handorf a piano teacher who had already teaching for 30 years. and written again in a book called "POWER HOPE"

One day there's an eleven years old boy named Robby applied to her piano course center , at first Ms.Hondorf didn't really wanted to accept him as a student because according to her experience a boy would be be better to learn to play piano before the age of 10years old, but she changed her mind and said yes to that boy when she heard the boy said : " Ms Hondorf my mom really wants to hear me to play the piano. Please accept and teach me as your student."

From the beginning Ms Hondorf knew for sure that Robby has no talent at all in piano , but he never gave up and keep on trying . It even took months for him to learned the basic notes... And though many times he made mistakes but every time he finished his weekly piano lesson he always told Miss Hondorf : "One day my mom will hear me play the piano." This is a sincere statement coming from an 11 years old boy.

All the time Robby take the piano lesson Ms Hondorf was never knew his mother, because each time his mother only stood in a distance and wave to her whenever she dropped and pick up Robby.

One day Robby stopped coming to the lesson for weeks , though Ms Hondorf wanted to contacted him but his incapability made her canceled that and told herself that Robby probably wanna change the piano lesson with another teacher.

Few weeks later , Ms. Hondorf sent a brochure about the piano concert that will be held in that piano course center. And surprisingly Robby also got the brochure and he came and asked Ms Hondorf if he can also take a part in that concert. Ms Hondorf told him that the concert is only for the active students and he can't take part in it because he already stopped the lesson , Robby begged her and told her that all this time he can't come because his mom is very sick and can't take him to the lesson but he always practiced a lot at home and somehow Ms.Hondorf finally allowed him to participate and somehow theres something inside her that said Robby will be just fine.

Ms Hondorf put Robby in the end of the concert and hoped that Robby's mistakes can be covered by her own while closing the concert later.

The concert went on without any problem and finally when its Robby's turn Robby got on the stage with messy cloths and hair, Ms Hondorf was worried with his appearance and she became more surprised when Robby said to the audience that she will play "Mozart Concerto#21 in C Major" .

Honestly Ms.Hondorf wasn't ready to hear him play the piano because the chord he chosen can only be play by people with talent and experience .

After some moments the whole room was in silence hypnotized by Robby's amazing play , he even moved from the "pianissimo" to "fortissimo" , from allegro" to "virtuoso"

Ms Hondorf never heard the chord played by a boy in Robby"s age played that well. And he even finished it with big "crescendo" the audience are all gave him a big applause and with tears on her cheek Ms Hondorf got on the stage, hugged him and asked him : " I have never heard you play like that Robby, how did you do that ? "

and from the mic Robby answer : " Miss, do you still remember that i told you my mother was sick ? Actually all these time she had cancer , and she died this morning. She is also deaf from birth...So today is the first time she can hear me play the piano , because i believe that she is now in heaven and she heard me play the piano. Thats what motivated me to play the piano."

Everyone was cried n that night and when Robby was taken to the social care Ms Hondorf realized that all these time Robby was her teacher and not the other way around because even he had chances to be disappointed but he had chosen not to gave up and keep on trying...

The question is... what about us ? how many times we disappointed ??? I hope all of us can learn something from Robby.. also me.....