Author Thread: Every day is a learning experience.
Annabel_Lee

View Profile
History
Every day is a learning experience.
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 05:52 AM

Hello all!

I'm not even sure where to start, but...

almost a year after my divorce finalized, I met a wonderful guy. We were together for two and a half years, engaged and planned to marry in May.

He walked away a week ago.

He said that he has issues he felt he needed to be alone to work on. That a lot of what he said to me, he felt was what I wanted to hear (didn't really want to have a wedding, felt a JOP was fine.) and that when he said he wanted to adopt my daughter, he said it because he felt it was the right thing to do.

How does someone do such things? And how do I learn to trust again? I don't believe he ever had malicious intentions, but his ability to communicate was terrible.

When the time comes, I hope God blesses me with someone who can communicate, who is honest and open and who thinks my daughter is as awesome as I do. And I hope I can learn to trust again so that I can have those things with someone.

Moving forward, bruised and hopeful.

Philipian

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 09:11 AM

Annabel Lee let your heart be braced by Grace. Let your thoughts be focus on Christ who can re-construct a heart so bowed and wounded. In life you will be up against several situations that tests and troubles you but in him he said you have overcome the world! Jn 16:33

Annabel_Lee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 11:34 AM

Thank you ^_^ You're very right.

Philipian

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2012 06:15 AM

Have you ever heard of this expression before..."I don't know if I am going to heaven or hell, but I know I am going out of Jackson"?

For now, you dont know who you are meeting, but you sure certainly know you are leaving HEARTBREAK behind. Its a brave desire to do! Allow God this time. Now about this time, not only your happiness is worth it, but also your baby alongside. So its a double package that must be loved and chosen without a precondition. And God knows best. Not just anyone will do this time. But the one meant for you and for your child! The one who will love that child as though she were biologically his!

Truly everyday is a learning experience

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2012 09:32 PM

I�m sure it was very painful on your part. You might feel that your world crushed down and you�re hopeless. But we have two choices when we are hurt:

1. Forgive and move on

2. become angry and bitter.

You choose! It�s very hard to forgive I know. But it is even more difficult to live with bitterness in our hurts. Be patient. The healing process will take some time. Everyday Life is a learning process and we need to step forward every day. Staying on the same ground is a waste of time. I�m glad you did not end marrying this guy. He wasn�t worth of your trust. Learn to trust again but you must learn first to TRUST GOD. Yes, Trust Him completely, learns to entrust your life - every detail of your life to Him coz HE CARES FOR YOU.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Philipian

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2012 06:30 AM

@IamGodsPrincess, you know what I found in my experience with hurt, the more that hurt stayed, it festers, the more it festers, you keep calling one name..and whose name might that be? The name of the person who hurt you! That woman, that Guy, That man, and maybe that Boy!!!! and as long as you call those names, you can not be saved....In essence, when you are hurt, there is only ONE NAME you can call....That's the name that is given under heaven, at the mention of it all knees fall, all tongue confess, that He is Lord...Remember the scriptures

Romans 10:[9] - "New International Version (�1984) That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [10]For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.."

1 John 4:15 - All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God.

Matthew 10:32 - Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

As long as in hurt we keep calling the name of the person who put us there, we stink, we get embittered, we balloon up with toxins, and be sure you will never move forward. But healing comes straight from the Alter and Throne of Mercy, when to God we cry and Jesus we CONFESS, Salvation is what happens to us.

To know it sadden more when those who hurts us pass us by and see us in such ignoble and downtrodden posture, dont they justify their acts of hurting us? That's is one reason we must move ahead, so that if tomorrow, we happen to cross path, they may now see the kind of re-arranged and glorified life we are now living and be forced to be ashamed of their ignominious acts towards us in the past.

@Annabel_Lee, as IamGodsPrincess has said, I feel you owe God some thanks for his mercies and helps to keep you from feel-able or unfeel-able HURTS

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 12:02 AM

oh that's very true! @Philipian

when i learned to call on that ONE NAME which is Jesus, i found acceptance, contentment and peace. I still feel the hurts at first but not really that intense feeling of hurt, I could able manages it until its gone completely. It's not happens overnight but it will surely happen if you're willing to be free from it.

God is always available for us, He's willing to help and give us a hand - if we allow Him to take over with our lives! God bless.

Philipian

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 07:33 AM

@IamGodsPrincess, thanks for corroborating that fact. Its a synopsis that cant derail. Its a testament that endures for ever what Power is inherent in the name of the Lord Jesus. If that name was potent enough to heal terminal diseases, raised the dead of many days, provide water in deserts, held the sun back from orbit, uprooted kingdoms and fed the poor. How shall it not heal hurts created by unrequited affections?

It was a passing phase in my life too. Bowed in hurt, miffed in displeasure, and lowered in shame of it, I kept calling that name that hurt me, and healing kept eluding me. Until i began to stink and i was going rock bottom, then at the bend of the crevices of the hidden rocks beneath the sea, I saw i wont last a day, i was suffocating. breathing was going extinct. Then in desperation, I cried and yelled JESUS....and right there and then, I saw salvation. Then i remember it was foretold in Acts 1 and 2, that with heart man believes, with mouth confession is made onto salvation! And in reality, a light shone on my darkened face and i could see the truth. I could see the man i was made to be. Then I began journeying to be that person i was made to be.

I wrote a poem recently along this line, maybe i will share with you soon after this. i posted it on a social networking i belong and it got some acceptance.

Philipian

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 07:44 AM

LOVE GIVES HEAT

Philipian

Can You Catch The Rain With Empty Hands.

Can You Save The Children From Their Lands

Can You Wash The Darkness From Their Skin

Heroes From The West. This Is Not A Test

Stereos From The Best. This Is Now A Rest

Will You Teach Us How To Love?

To See The Things You See. Walk The Road You Walked

Feel The Pain That You Feel. At Your Feet I Kneel,

I Want To See You Shine.See Your Light Not Mine.

'Cause Light Gives Heat.Your Light Gives Heat.

Oh, Can We Ever Be Short On People

And Can We Ever Be Short On Trouble

Its All Born In A Man Of Few Days.

And It's A Well Worn Out Path

So How On Earth Can You Feel Alone?

Why Carry On Our Own. What's Coming To All Men?

Why Drag Your Bag Of Bones. To Hell And Back Again?

Why Carry On Our Own. What's Coming To All Men?

Look Around...Stay Around. Lay It Down...Lay It Down.

Oh, We'll Never Be Short On Good News

And Somebody To Tell Our Story To

And We'll Never Be Short On Redemption

The Light That Replaces The Dark