Author Thread: Every day is a learning experience.
Annabel_Lee

View Profile
History
Every day is a learning experience.
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 11:32 AM

Hello all!

I'm not even sure where to start, but...

almost a year after my divorce finalized, I met a wonderful guy. We were together for two and a half years, engaged and planned to marry in May.

He walked away a week ago.

He said that he has issues he felt he needed to be alone to work on. That a lot of what he said to me, he felt was what I wanted to hear (didn't really want to have a wedding, felt a JOP was fine.) and that when he said he wanted to adopt my daughter, he said it because he felt it was the right thing to do.

How does someone do such things? And how do I learn to trust again? I don't believe he ever had malicious intentions, but his ability to communicate was terrible.

When the time comes, I hope God blesses me with someone who can communicate, who is honest and open and who thinks my daughter is as awesome as I do. And I hope I can learn to trust again so that I can have those things with someone.

Moving forward, bruised and hopeful.

Philipian

View Profile
History
Every day is a learning experience.
Posted : 3 Dec, 2012 06:07 AM

Its absolutely remarkable sometimes to think about how tenacious the human being is in the face of trouble and hurt recovery. I guess to me, you seem to have more tenacity than most people. Reasons, if all you went through ended a week ago or so, and you are here creating threads and wanting to learn rather than stay indoors and weep. I think its remarkable.

2Cor 4: 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus� sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

And 2Cor 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;. King James Bible (Cambridge Edition). Take solace in those verses. He has a plan. Its a beautiful thing you didn't lay on the floor for to long. Sure I agree the road to reconstruction will be painful, maybe hard and long. Maybe the pain of you who already "felt" you "have" and secured now waking to the reality that you are now having a man you call your own again, alone and single again, I know is often hard to deal with. Mere thoughts of you getting back again in the single race thing, will certainly not make you a happy face. But God cares. The Good News is that the journey is realizable!

Many thanks you hold in your evaluation of him not to be a bad person only that he had communication issues.