Author Thread: Single Parent Burnout
Admin

Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 21 Dec, 2012 02:26 PM

How do you refresh, revamp, revitalize after being a single parent day after day? (with no other parent involved)

King18David

View Profile
History
Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 1 Jan, 2013 04:23 PM

I suppose that might depend on how young or old one's children are. Though I do not have kids of my own, I have a younger brother I help care for, I've cared for other kids besides my brother and I help lead a youth group at my church. What I've found, is that when I have a vision or goal clearly in mind which I'm able to work towards with my brother or the youth group, that any progress made is naturally revitalizing and rewarding. It's when there are no goals or when visions become unclear that those relationships become draining and monotonous.

Proven tactics for parents:

#1. Spending quality time with the Lord.

If our number One relationship isn't with God, we will have little to offer our children. It is a parent's relationship with Jesus that sustains and nurtures a child. If a parent's relationship with God isn't right, their relationship with their children won't be either. If a parent is spiritually starving themselves from the Word of God, then, no matter what, their children are starving too.

#2. Spending quality time with the Lord and your children.

"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up" Deuteronomy 6:6-7

When parents practice these 2 Biblical principles, their need to be revitalized won't be nearly as great as it will be for the parent who spiritually neglects their children. In other words, he or she who tends their garden wisely, will not find themselves being overrun, and choked to death by weeds.

King18David

View Profile
History
Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 01:53 PM

To add to what I wrote above, here's Proverbs 29:18

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

View Profile
History
Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 13 Jan, 2013 04:35 AM

thank you

View Profile
History
Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 13 Jan, 2013 09:25 AM

Just know that this is but a season of life. Their will be a end, relief for you.

Your children are in need of the love of their parents. We make the choice to have children either on purpose or by accident but either way God has given the responsibility to you as their mom.

Nothing else matters but those children. I raised my daughter for 6 years by my self until she became a teenager and now we have such a close relationship because of the sacrifice I made for her.

Love requires sacrifice. All be it children or a spouse. One does not receive love in turn without sacrifice. We see this with Gods example to us. We love him because he first loved us.

Love is recipricatory. You have to give it to get it. You have to loose your life to find it. You have to die to live.

Fuzzybluetoesox

View Profile
History
Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 18 Feb, 2013 04:39 PM

It is a blessing if you have a trusted relative, friend, or sitter to occasionally be with your child for a few hours. Taking time away to have coffee with a friend, go out for a date, get a pedicure, or just spend time at any of your favorite places. Being "just a person" for a few hours can help you recharge.