Author Thread: Where did all the good women go???
Admin

Where did all the good women go???
Posted : 15 May, 2013 09:42 AM

I can't help but wonder what the answer to this question is. However, before you answer and say "I'm a good woman!" let me explain to you what it is that *I* mean.

Where are all the Christian women whom do not care about a guy's height? (especially if they're shorter than he is)

Where are are the ones who don't care that he doesn't drive a Porsche? The ones who only care that he has a good job and is financially secure?

Where are the ones who are independent but still value traditional ways? There are many examples for this one so allow me to elaborate:

---Women who, when they make a commitment to a man, do not seek after other men. This includes things like holding a strong, close relationship to another man in such a way that she goes out with him on a regular basis ... alone. Hey guess what? It may not be an ACTUAL "date" but when a straight man and woman go out together alone ... THAT'S A DATE!

---Women who stay even when the going gets tough. Listen, I fully understand that women are different than men and what it takes to keep them happy is usually FAR different than what it takes for men but guess what ladies??? If you cheat, REGARDLESS of the reason ... you're still a CHEATER. It's better to just leave your husband, boyfriend or whatever and go do what you want than to cheat.

--Women who value a good man when they have one. This is probably the most rare.

---Finally, women whom respect their man and demand the same respect. It may not be "wrong" or "sinful" to talk about another guy in front of your man but it's INCREDIBLY disrespectful. I don't care if it's an actress on the screen or the girl down the street, I would NEVER talk about another woman's beauty in front of the woman I'm in love with or even just committed to. I cannot wrap my mind around what it is that would possess a person to do that. All you're saying is that you don't give a care in the world about what the other person thinks. Now, there's a couple exceptions here in my opinion. If someone asks me if a woman is beautiful I won't lie and say she's not but I won't go all crazy with it like "OMG she's so hot." Also, If you're the kind of couple that openly talks about other beautiful people with each other and that's an understanding within your relationship well then that's your business. However, if you're with someone and it doesn't bother you but it *does* bother them ... that doesn't make them jealous or insecure and you have no right to call them either of those things.

I just don't understand why the word "commitment" has somehow become an ugly, scary curse word all the sudden.

Wake up people! This is NOT insecurity. This is respect. The media wants you to believe it's insecurity and you're a fool for buying into it. Almost every movie and TV show has an example of people with "open" relationships where there's no restraint whatsoever between two people and we're buying it like it's going out of style. We've been raised to believe that true security means you don't care what your partner does at all and if you don't have that there's no trust. That's a lie from the pit of hell. Guarding your heart and relationship is a GOOD thing and the Word of God says so.

Sound off.

God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2013 02:19 AM

People have preferences. Some like tall, dark, short, fat etc. Then there are also others that do not have any preference at all.

That being said, I feel prayer is the best way to go in these matters. If you genuinely seek the Lord and ask for your Eve,Rachel, Sarah, Ruth etc, the woman that completes and compliments who you are, you will surely find her.

What usually frustrates most men (me included), is the timescale of that Sarah or Rachel coming into the picture. That's when we start to doubt God and start wondering where "the good women" are. Remember it took Jacob fourteen years of hard labour to get his wife!

Adding to the importance of prayer, Ruth and Boaz come to mind. How they met shows that when you pray, your future wife is also praying. God adjusts the time of which you two shall meet!

Glory! So my brother, that good woman for you, specifically made for you - is on her way. All you have to do is keep praying and God will do the rest!

Proverbs 18:22 ESV

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

andr5550

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2013 07:21 PM

This goes both ways though, it is not just women, where have all the good men gone, because they are just as rare to find as a good woman unfortunately.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2013 07:03 PM

Women definitely care very much about looks and money maybe they were very spoiled by their parents

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2013 07:09 PM

Awesome God's will is it just going to happen to people have a say in what happens to people can mess things up for the obedient to be disobedient not like two people just going to meet at one time its not like me to just going to always be one person I think it can always very sorry I'm using voice text and it comes out kind of weird or we lose urs i

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2013 07:09 PM

Awesome God's will is it just going to happen to people have a say in what happens to people can mess things up for the obedient to be disobedient not like two people just going to meet at one time its not like me to just going to always be one person I think it can always very sorry I'm using voice text and it comes out kind of weird or we lose urs i

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2013 04:01 PM

Top marks to that man. Asked that question myself a lot lately. In the last 4 years, all the young women in the 3 churches in my area were married off - not one of them marrying another believer. Interesting.

And they wonder why guys fall away?

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2013 03:08 AM

There are many good and mature women out there just the same as there are good and bad/untrustworthy men.

God will bring along a woman who will take you for who you are.One who won't care whether you are short,fat,brown,black....

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2013 04:28 AM

I am trying to get my young adult daughter back to church and find a good godly young man but she thinks they are all wimps and not able to handle her properly.

She might be right.......

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2014 09:04 PM

"The good women are either: Already married. or They don't use the internet because it is evil."

No, that's not true. I found several good women on this website. They are out there. You just have to find them. You have to search diligently. And also, one more thing: chances are the "good woman" is going to be in another state not in your neighborhood, so you have to broaden your search a little bit. Don't refuse to talk to people just because they happen to live 500 miles away. Just saying.

Page : 1 2