Author Thread: Obama Is Not America's Hope
Admin

Obama Is Not America's Hope
Posted : 30 Mar, 2009 02:47 PM

During a recent trip to a local Wal-Mart, I saw something quite disturbing as I stood in the checkout line. In the magazine wrack was a commemorative edition of some publication with a portrait of Barack Obama on the cover.

That was not the disturbing part even to someone that did not vote for him. Behind him on the cover was a glow making him look angelic or even messianic in appearance. Above the image, the words read "Barack Obama: The Hope Of America".

As the new President, even Americans that did not vote for him hope that Obama does well within a specified context in regards to those duties delineated within the confines of the Constitution if for no other reason than that he is the head of state of the country in which we live. However, he is not America's hope.

Firstly, America's hope is in God in general and in the person of His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ in specific. It says in Colossians 1:17 that by Him (not Barack Obama) all things consist.

It is Jesus Christ, not Barack Obama, that will forgive you of your sins.

It is Jesus Christ, not Barack Obama, that has the whole world in His hands.

Despite the call for a new domestic intelligence and security force with a budget projected to surpass that of the entire U.S. military, it is Jesus Christ, not Barack Obama, that hears you crying on those nights when you feel that your world has been shattered and you don't know what can be done to make things right.

Even for those uncomfortable about making public acknowledgement of personal and national dependence upon deity there are earthly sources of hope that the American people ought to look to before Barack Obama.

For example, Americans ought to look to the U.S. Constitution for guidance and inspiration before they look to Barack Obama. In the United States, an oath of loyalty is taken not to a man but to defend the document by those in government all the way from the President down to the youngest private in the U.S. army.

It is the U.S. Constitution, not Barack Obama, that keeps power from being unduly concentrated in the hands of a few through a system of checks and balances and separation of powers.

It is the U.S. Constitution that RECOGNIZES in law (note does not grant) a number of rights the individual possesses as an individual created in the image of God. Barack Obama cannot do this.

Secondly, the American should look to himself for hope and not Barack Obama. If you are an upright citizen, you are the one through the grace of God that gets up and goes to work everyday whether you like your job or not to provide for you and your family, not Barack Obama's beguiling handouts he promised in order to dupe the masses.

Those holding office can indeed bring hardship and earthly ruination into the lives of those residing in the jurisdictions over which such officials exercise authority. Most often this comes about when elected officials intervene in those areas of life where the physically able ought to provide for themselves.

by Frederick Meekins

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 08:18 AM

Very well said. People seem to think that this man, this HUMAN, is going to suddenly fix everything that is wrong with America, when most of the major problems must be fixed by the population as a whole. We must once again as a society rededicate ourselves to God and the tenets of His faith. Parents must start raising their children (in particular the males) properly, not leaving it to the school system to do all the hard work. We have a lost generation of young men who are more interested in pursuing their own interests than in acting as a father to the children they parent along the way. Never before in the history of this nation has this been such a huge problem. Barack Obama cannot fix these problems, we must as a society work together to repair this issue.

Not to mention the fact that Obama is trying to tax his way out of a recession, which worked real great (please note the sarcasm) for FDR. His New Deal extended the Great Depression by a good five years. I hope that we aren't heading for another Depression, but things don't look real good to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 09:02 AM

like Hannity said last night, is pretty bad when the Chinese and the French are the ones arguing for a more market based solution to the economic crisis.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 12:51 PM

yes it is, it's pretty sad indeed. I'm just patiently waiting for ol' Barry (as my step-dad calls him) to screw us over so badly we won't be able to recover for decades.

On another note, I find myself wondering when Barry will go to England to meet Prince Charles and see which of them has the larger ears...I think it's a tossup, if you ask me. :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 02:02 PM

Barry was what he use to go by before he realized his name "Barack" would catch more attention. Talkshow host Mark Levin calls him Milhaus since there was a time no one was suppose to mention his middle name.

Maybe Newt will run next time around. He would probably do good against Obama in debates.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 02:38 PM

actually, i'm rather hoping Indiana governor Mitch Daniels will run. He's done wonders for the state. For over a decade the democrats had the budget in the red (deliberately!) and thanks to Mitch we're back in the black. I'm hoping he'll run with Sarah Palin, together I think they could take down ol' big ears.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 03:12 PM

I will study him more :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 08:38 PM

of course he's not our hope. america will have no more hope. america is going into the new world order and leading the way. also there will be a new world religion with a teacher and ascended masters combinig all the world and its religions. dont fall for it. anyone willing to talk just say hey.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2009 06:22 PM

While I didn't vote for Obama, I'm hoping he does a fine job.

Right now, he is somewhat doing the best he can.

prolife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2009 05:22 PM

Hoping isn't going to do it. Look around you. What exactly has he done thus far, and has only been in the White House for over 100days. ?????

Our deficit is trillion of dollars in debt, and he only added insult to injury by borrowing more to regulate the economy....as he put it? Has it regulated anything that we can see so far?

He made it legal that innocent baby embyo's can be used for stem cell research. Oh..but the baby has to be aborted first...and the he ok'd too. If you do the math, and your own research you will find that adult human stem cell's work far greater in developemental science than aborted/ baby embryo's.

He signed the legislation granting marriage between same sex partners...making a mockery of the holy union of marriage between a man, and a woman...as God would have it.

He fully supported Kathleen Sebilius to head up the US Health, and Human Relations Board. This woman is nothing less than a murderer. She is alone ...totally responsible for the deaths of milions of innocent babies ...through abortion....and got paid plenty for her actions.

He is not a supporter of Israel....well that one is self-explanatory...isn't it?

He is of Muslim decent, and openly admitted it during his televised speech with the Turkish Embassy..in Ankara, Turkey 2 months ago.

He has put down America more than once in several of his foreign speeches, and said with much delight...that America is no longer a Christian Nation.

It was never genuinally proven that he was...or is a natural born citizen of the United States.

The list goes on..and on..and on....so now...let me ask you..........!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone really think he is doing a good job?

My question is: If 82% of our United States is supposed to be affiliated someway...somehow with either religion/faith/church..etc,... how...on earth...did this man get elected? How could anyone call themself a christian, and vote for such a man to represent our precious America?

I am bewlildered, and have been since the votes were counted.

This is the most biblicial event in our nations history, and it is up to us 'Christiians' to really wake up....and truly realize what is going on, and be ready for the 'real' Messiah.

Amen....

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2009 04:19 PM

1. Mitch Daniels has been the governor for my state for the last 8 or so years, and so that would be awesome, for my home state's governor to be leading America! (Indiana)

2. For the majority part of the year I live in one of the most liberal cities in the United States: Chicago. Y'all don't even have to 2nd guess that almost everyone in that city is PRObama, and if you are a NObama person, you will be accused of being racist, etc. etc. which is never the case- it is politics.

Many have said he resembles the anti-christ... he indeed came out of nowhere- 4 years ago nobody knew who this guy was... he can attract millions of people with his words, and is very charismatic, a good talker. And, very logical and his ideals make sense- mostly, and when they do not, he is very good at making it sound as if they are logical.

One night driving home last week, I was listening to WLS 890 it was late and this station comes out of Chicago... the guy said mqany things about obama that make sense.

The guy is a "cool" president. We have a "cool" president, who wears "cool" brands, and listens to "cool" music, quoting "cool" "hip" rap songs in his speeches. No other president is "cool" like Obama. The generations (younger mainly) are swept off by his "coolness" that logic and sense is not there. He is black, he quotes rap songs, and he has "swagga" Bush didnt have "swagga" With this all being said- many like him. He then proceeded to speak on issues that Obama was not very smart about thus putting America at more of a risk than necessary. Even though he is "cool" does not mean all of his decisions are... or they may be "cool" but are they for our best interests??

I will say, I like the guy, I enjopy his speeches, I think he is doing what he can to put us in a better position. Some say he is brainwashing, others say he is sincere, I cannot say one way or the other, but I can say that he has a family, and he is sure a good actor if he is evil. (as some say) I am not liberal, nor conservative, I am in my own beliefs and I need to realize as everyone does, we are not OF this world, we are just IN it.

I have talked to many people about the issue of Obama and the votes, and especially in Chicago, many people of different races live there. Every African- American I have spoken to, have said they were going to vote for him. They have something in common, they had a background, a history, though he isnt african american, he is dark skinned, and I see to it, that many voted for him because of that. I even spoke to a few african americans, where they said they felt pressured by friends/family to vote for him, because if they did not they felt like others would see them as betraying or being disrespectful to their own race... that is sad. Many have taken that very far, and I see to it that skin colour has nothing to do wigth anything. If he were caucasion, I would have said the same things that he is hip, but not always smart.

But we cannot judge him, nor can we jump to any conclusions at this point. I can see some of his ideals and his intentions, and they make sense, while others are a bit off the wall in my book.

Page : 1 2