Author Thread: Single Foster Mom
slinzy

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 24 Jul, 2013 05:11 PM

Hi there. So I have been praying for over 3 years abut becoming a foster parent. I have made the decision to take the steps and get my license. I have a lot of support from my christian friends and family, but as with any decision in life there are always critics.

What if you find a man who doesnt want an instant family?

How will you afford it?

How will you work and have 4 kids?

How will they see a healthy male roll?

It is umbiblical because...

I am so conflicted. I know God is making these moves, not me. Ad honestly if a man comes around and doesnt want to be a foster dad... he is not mine. Because I believe to help the orphan is my calling. To kiss boo boos and tell them how much God loves them. To teach them that God as well as some people, can be trusted.

So any insight? So much going on in my head right now

I am 25 and have no kids of my own. I worry all the time about finding a husband, but I leave it in Gods hands. And this is the work His hands are doing.

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 18 Sep, 2013 05:47 PM

Well the thing about foster care, certainly in the UK at least, is that you can specify the length of how long you want to take a kid on for. For some families, the child is with them for years (and sometimes is adopted by the foster family), others may only be for a few months, and in the case of emergency carers, just for a night or two. It's certainly worth asking what the options are.

Lukia

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 23 Sep, 2013 02:07 AM

If it is a calling my sister go a head and fulfill it.

You enjoy what you love most.

If its God's will He will give you a person who has the same calling so that you can work and enjoy it together.

Don't fail to fulfill your dream coz of what friends or others say.

Sometimes you just have to give a deaf ear and go on.

May God bless and give you strength as you go about this.

johnfaith

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 28 Sep, 2013 07:12 AM

God bless you much and will take care of you

pastor john

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 25 Oct, 2013 05:13 AM

Hi, Im John. You have such a heart for children! God bless you. :D

The way I see it, if God has been leading u all this time to become a foster parent: just trust Him and go for it! When God calls us out, He takes on the responsibility of making sure everything goes according to His plan. He knows our wants and needs, but more importantly, He also knows what's best for us. He will provide!

My job/career came through a series of confirmations form God. He provided every step of the way and He still is.. I don't know why, I don't know what's gonna happen or when - I just know that it's all His doing and I just have to trust His decision for choosing me to do it! lol

I also have questions about who Im going to marry, or if marriage is even in God's plan for me? But all I know is that I can trust Jesus Christ with my life!

No one cares more or loves us more than the way God loves and cares for us... Be strong in the Lord.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.�

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 06:53 AM

Parenting or foster parenting is a lot of responsibilities. It is a joy I believe, based on my experience, dependent on the attitude of the child. Right now I am parenting for my 14 year old niece and really, I experienced headaches which I have not experienced with my children. I found out it is much easier to just send financial support than having her live with us. As I see it, even if she does not grow with her parents, she really inherited their attitude and it keeps me wondering. Every now and then it is a struggle keeping her in the path I believe is right and best for her. It is a long term commitment (no government involve) knowing abandoning her is also abandoning her future.

As I understand in your case, foster parenting has lengths of time and so issues like instant family and affordability can easily be resolved. If you feel it�s your calling, try it, it is a challenge, will strengthen you and make you grow. More power!

View Profile
History
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 22 Jan, 2014 09:36 PM

Your last point was "It is unbiblical because..."

I don't see why it would be unbiblical. Do you remember when the disciples wanted to keep kids away from Jesus, He told said, "No, Let them come to me!" Jesus loved children.

Mark 9:35-37 says, "Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, 'Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.'"

Do you also remember this Scripture in Matthew 25:34?

"Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'"

Being a foster parent is entirely Biblical. In fact it is a very noble job, and you should know that if you help children, you are doing a very good thing not only to those children but to God and to your country! God bless you!