Author Thread: Am I the only one?
One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
Am I the only one?
Posted : 4 Sep, 2013 08:20 PM

Is there anyone else who has felt like their world just turned upside down after your last kid leaves home? Never woulda' thunk it, but I miss the little buggers! A lot! Used to come home from work to see crumbs on the counter and dishes in the sink and pretty much nothing done around the house and think, sheesh! will they ever learn to clean up after themselves? Now I leave the crumbs and dishes and when they come to visit they have the nerve to ask if I'm okay, what's wrong and why's the house a mess??? LOL!

My youngest son 17 left recently for a change of scenery and stay with his mom, and some nights it's just kinda hard_on the old feelins... glad she's finally stepping up and being more involved with the kids and mending some of the broken ties but still can't help feeling a lil bit helpless n empty for lack of better words...

Lukia

View Profile
History
Am I the only one?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 04:46 AM

One sojourner,this is a blessing.

Though I understand how you feel,it feels lonely sometimes but also a blessing God bringing you that far to see your kids being able to be on their own.

You are blessed my brother.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Am I the only one?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 09:24 AM

A parent's job is provide roots and wings. Give yourself lots of credit for allowing them to try out their fledgling wings Dad!

Being a single parent makes the 'empty nest' so much emptier! I cried so when my oldest left for college, and prepared more for the youngest to leave the nest.

Remember, they will still need you, and probably at the most inconvenient times! But, you will be there for them, encouraging them even as your heart breaks a little more.

Take pride in your accomplishments, and theirs, for there is nothing as important as a well-raised child! :applause:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
Am I the only one?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 10:47 AM

Thank you you ladies for the kind and encouraging words, they help much... The first few nights were tough, the poor old dog didn't know what was going on and looking to me sad eyed, as if asking where'd the kids go? Then the more I think on it my heart starts sinking too! lol It's getting better and they do come over often so we'll just keep rollin with the flow.

View Profile
History
Am I the only one?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2013 08:23 PM

oh my can i relate to this! One married, One living on own, another off to do inner city mission work far from home, and youngest just left for college. I wander around my house, the vacuum lines stay on the carpet for longer then a minute! It is a bittersweet feeling. Yes to roots and wings....but it does take some adjusting.