Author Thread: ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Aspberger's Syndrome, etc.
sassysinger

View Profile
History
ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Aspberger's Syndrome, etc.
Posted : 11 Sep, 2013 08:11 PM

I am a single parent of multiple children with special needs. I also have challenges myself. I try to take time out to recharge, but it is difficult as there is no paternal involvement. It would be nice to meet man who is ready and willing to be, not just a husband but, a father, as well. Someone who can be a good male role model for my sons and show my daughter that if she is patient and and waits for God's plan, there are good men out there... Trying so hard to break the cycle for them...

Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2013 02:06 AM

I wish you all the best my sister.God has very good plans for each one of us,if only we could let Him know our desires and wait upon Him.

He is very faithful.AS He tells us in His word,He will honor the desires of our hearts.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 06:21 AM

From experience, being a single mom myself, it was really hard to be strong always which in our case is to provide food and shelter and emotional support as paternal support is not mandatory here and there is no government support as well. So single mothers ( it is common here for mothers to be the single parents) has to provide all the needs of the children. From the start of my being single parent when my youngest and second child was 6 months old, I already resolved that I will not seek for another man to take the father role for them. I was more afraid that if I am wrong I am just exposing them to the risks of being molested. I prayed and trust the Lord will provide, keep us safe, provide me knowledge and ways how to raise my children well. My prayers are answered.

About meeting a willing man to complicate his life I think that is more wishful thoughts. So I suggest don�t give much hope on that although if God wills it, it will happen. So pray and strive to follow God�s commands and God will give the desire of your heart as promised.

I would like to share that I usually pray over my children using the Aaronic or priestly blessing in Numbers. I can guarantee you it is effective, I have tried it and am using it with my children. My children even in return use it on me. They will pray over me using those verses and I do feel strengthened. Always remember God will not give us troubles beyond our capacity to bear. So be strong and trust God.