Author Thread: Reaching a point where it is difficult to get to know new people
Admin

Reaching a point where it is difficult to get to know new people
Posted : 14 Sep, 2013 11:56 PM

Can anyone else relate to this?

I have spent a lot of time on social network these last years and have gotten to know a lot of friends and talk in real depth in discussions.

But as you begin to meet new people etc. it seems to become more difficult in creating discussion and connecting with them.. it is like you are really wanting to get to know them, but just nothing seems to flow anymore? I do not know why as I have come across interesting people I really would like to know! Whether it is because you have already talked with similar things with other people that it becomes less relevant to you? I do not know. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe I need a break from internet?

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2013 12:54 PM

Hello to you dear one!!

Maybe you do need a break or you don't.... Whichever way dear, I find the internet being the most safe way of socializing cause you interact with people across the world while you're in the comfort of your place. And again you most likely to learn a lot from a person you wouldn't consider interacting with inperson because of how they come across maybe since looks are oftens the forefront of how we massure people untill we get to know them more than how they look like.

I do relate with you,

I'm registered with 3more christian dating sites,

But I spend my free time here, I only login to these other sites when i'm sent a personal inbox massage.... I'm not as interested in those sites like I am on this one, simply cause there's about 3or4 individuals I really connect with. Its like i've known them all my life in only few months i've been here. That was just what I was seaching for, friendship without limits.

When I asked one of them in one of our private conversations, why do we flow so well when it was almost impossible to find one other, he said its cause "the like attracts the like" that's why you won't just flow with anyone that comes along...

Hope I somehow answered your question,

Or made a little sense atleast.

Blessings to you dear one!!

prayreadwalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 10:10 PM

Yeah, it can become hard to connect with people, even when you want to be social. Sometimes one has to just put some effort into it and say something to keep the conversation going even if you aren't satisfied with what you have to say. Other times there is just no forcing it, time to do something else, preferably something that isn't self focused.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2013 07:40 AM

Relationships are difficult to maintain offline, too. They require time, patience, and effort. Sometimes talking to someone when you don't really feel like talking to anyone, at all, can be rewarding.

There's obviously people that you are more connected with than others, but I find if you try you can usually find some common ground somewhere.

I've had conversations where I mostly listen just because I knew that the person had to vent - those aren't the most easy conversations to have, but I just let them complain and then I tell them how I feel about the situation and give them advice should they ask me.

The trick of relationships is to be there when people really need you - not just when you want to be.

In the end you're rewarded with the peace of knowing you've done everything in your power to help a friend, because in the end it only matters what we've done for Him.