Author Thread: Getting my son interested?
GoodMorning

View Profile
History
Getting my son interested?
Posted : 9 Oct, 2013 12:55 PM

Hi, young folks! I have a 21 year old son - athletic, handsome, Christian, completed 1 year of college and works, too.

Not much dating experience. I suggested this site but he has the wrong idea that sites like this are for losers.

I totally disagree. I've seen the profiles and photos of some beautiful young ladies here.

Just asking if any of you guys or girls may have any suggestions. I know he is lonely and would love to meet a girl. His 2 bros are both married already and I know he would treat her well.

Thanks for any help. Be blessed.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2013 01:14 PM

Well...I think like...33% of marriages begin online now. I met my non-loser girlfriend online, and her non-loser sister just got married to a non-loser policeman that she met online. It's getting to be pretty widespread, and really, it's a lot better than just stumbling across random people in the street. You have many more potential people who are much more like you or what you're looking for than anybody you'll find in a bar, you can still do it even if you're busy during the day, etc. It's practically designed for christian non-losers. Just tell him that online dating is like trying to get a girl's phone number en masse, and once you get a response, the rest is up to you, setting dates, talking, "just like real life". Anyway, I wouldn't consider myself a loser, and I wouldn't consider the girl I met online to be a loser. Smack him for calling me a loser!:boxing: There are losers online, but definitely not everybody.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2013 01:32 PM

My brother is in the same age and situation and my cousin tried getting him to sign up but I couldn't back him up on that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2013 12:02 PM

To be fair, if he's got a wide circle of friends and a halfway decent social life then he's more chance there than on this site anyway. I don't have much of a social life (hey, I'm happy in my own company and don't feel the need to surround myself with other people) so I'm here because I wouldn't normally meet many people.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2013 11:46 PM

There are many people here who find their love ones although sometimes it a little bit dissapointing because u can start conversation with a man or woman and he/she end the conversation withot telling u the reason!

All in all the site is good

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 10:15 AM

Well, yeah, if I was a chick I'd think online dating was great too. Not so fun if you're a guy though, which is why I couldn't bring myself to recommend it to my brother or any other guy who's thinking about it really.

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 11:11 AM

Renov

Friendship I haven't checked on you in a while now.

How are you personally doing dear?

How are you doing in the Lord?

How are things with school?

You've never said anything about your family, how's everyone doing in family?

Is your new strategy of finding a mate working for you?

Are you still pursuing it or you've decided otherwise about it?

How about ladies you meet inperson maybe at work, do you find ways of manipulating the situation to your advantage when doing customer service try to maybe get cell# from the lady that you like?

How have things been on other dating sites since you've improved your proflle and changed your pic?

Do you believe in being hooked up? Think its works at times, depending on the situation ofcause.

I miss our one on one chatts. And you still owe me hey, you promised to write back to me on our 'loneliness and being alone' conversation.

Be good dear friend

Was just checkin on you.

If you don't mind, if/when responding please post it as a new topic, so we don't hyjeck the main subject discussed here. Feeling terrible already that i've diviated from the main subject and won't be rewriting all this. Have something else to be doing now.

Thanks dear!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 06:10 PM

His Sisi, it's so nice to hear from you and thanks for asking. Sorry I never got back and post a real response when I said I would. I'll post a response to your thread under the Introduce Yourself field. :waving: