Author Thread: Travel
Admin

Travel
Posted : 26 Mar, 2014 09:03 AM

Does anyone have an exciting trip planned? If not, is there a place (or places) that you would love to visit someday?

I have so many places I'd like to see. I'd love to go on a cruise and tour the Greek Islands.

CookieOstrich

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 27 Mar, 2014 02:22 AM

I love travelling! My next trip is planned for Ethiopia and Egypt or Ethiopia and India, haven't yet decided. I have been to Ethiopia before and I really enjoyed it so that's why I am going back!

Why I want to go to Egypt? To see the pyramids! :glow:

Why India? Have you watched the series "Outsourced"? :yay:

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 27 Mar, 2014 02:56 PM

Egypt would be an amazing trip. I think there would be so much for you to see in addition to the pyramids. I've never seen the show outsourced. I might have to check it out. I think India would be interesting too. You would experience a totally different culture.

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 28 Mar, 2014 07:13 AM

I would like to go in Iceland to see the power of nature. cold and hot places at he same time (geyser and ice), and I would have the possibility to touch the mantle of the earth :) .

mmm, Your next question will be if are there places we want to visit again :)

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 28 Mar, 2014 08:17 PM

I love to travel. Unfortunately, I cannot go anywhere for awhile now. But I would like to visit Alaska one day and Hawaii and Chile in South America.

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 29 Mar, 2014 10:38 AM

@earth88, I agree about Iceland. I've thought about taking a trip there in the summer. In addition to the natural wonders you described, you can go whale watching.

I noticed on your profile that you live in Emilia-Romagna. I've been to Italy several times and spent a few days in Bologna this past summer.

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 29 Mar, 2014 12:53 PM

Hi joliz, what kind of adjective can you use for Bologna? When I go there, I see a city with a cheerful and polite "soul".

I also like to see castles. every time I try to imagine the hard working spent to build them, and I appreciate the medioeval age, an age in which I can see the opposite behaviour of people... wars and saints.

So you live in Canada... there was a tv movie, "due south"... it was one of my favourite television series, the role of Benton Fraser reflects the canadian people I suppose :)

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 29 Mar, 2014 01:21 PM

Hmmm...that's a good question. Bologna definitely had a very medieval feel to it. All the old buildings, cobbled streets, and towers. (I climbed up to the top of Torre degli Asinelli-that was quite fun. The view from the top was amazing). Bologna also has a very academic feel. Besides the university, there were so many bookstores. I'd agree it is quiet. Definitely less tourists there. I did prefer the more bustling, exciting atmosphere of Rome and some of the other cities I visited. Maybe it's because I was there in early August and everyone was on holidays???

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 29 Mar, 2014 02:42 PM

yes....when you visit a city in August... you can feel to be the Queen of that city, because italians go to the sea, or in Dolomites...to spend their holidays. Maybe only Firenze, Palermo and Naples, are full of citizens also during the summer time.

niceguy_is_me

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 3 Aug, 2014 02:18 PM

I would love to visit Egypt someday :)

niceguy_is_me

View Profile
History
Travel
Posted : 3 Aug, 2014 02:20 PM

Does anyone want some tips to visit Hong Kong? I am born and raised there and know places around there :)

Page : 1 2