Author Thread: Does Love Work Online?
nado24

View Profile
History
Does Love Work Online?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2008 06:16 AM

Do you ever wonder if love can work online? Or maybe can relationships be formed and work online? mmm...I wonder too. Why dont you share your thoughts...They would be greatly appreciated.

nado24

View Profile
History
Does Love Work Online?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2008 07:50 AM

Well obviously I didnt share my side of the does love work online story. Well does Love work online? Big question, one answer. OF COURSE.

Now hang on, let me explain. It does work. Really. The internet is simply a tool to romance. Its like back in the day, when our parents used to write letters back and form to each other. Yah you remember...Pen Pals. But this is more advanced. The online is great coz its gives you the chance to read about other people and think about talking to them, and then talking to them. But to make it work, you have to balance out the fact that if you dont know how it works you may fail. I have been around online for two years and maybe I can share some lessons I've learnt. Consider the acronym OF COURSE. I'll share part of what it means to you this week and I'll post the rest within a few days.

O-Online

F-Favorable

C-Committed

O-Organized

U-Understanding

R-Responsible

S-Sower

E-Educated

O - Online - Duh! To see if love works online, you have to be active online. Active. That means not creating a profile and disappearing forever...And Im not being harsh. I used to be like that, i'd just create a profile and expect things to just happen. But it didnt work out. Come to think of it, It may be the reason I'm still single. Anyway. O- Online. Dont give up. Stay online. Learn how to use online sites like this one. See the ups and downs, but if its going to work. You must be active online.

F - Favorable. We all have this idea in our heads that we'll find a Prince Charming or Sleeping Beauty online. Not a bad idea, but though we find it hard to confess, we tend to look at the profiles with nice pictures and nice looks. No offense to all the good looking folks ( And we all are ) But looks never reveal the heart. You cant know me by looking at my pictures. Its my actions that reveal who I am or who you are. I guess to my sisters out there, Id say, we brothers are a bit dumb when it comes to emailing you. So we almost lose our chances when we're simply learning. We all need favor with someone. You can be a favorable person. You dont have to hint anything, but lean a bit. Some of the best gifts come wrapped up in burlap bags. If we can all be favorable to others on this site and any site, your prince charming or sleeping beauty may be right with you. Remember favor, God gave us favor, isnt it time we learned to give some too?

C - Committed. You have to have something you believe in. A cause, values, something you can commit yourself to. That means you will learn, work and fight for your cause. Do you believe you deserve the best, have you searched out the best? Maybe you should try another dating site. Dont give up if things dont work. Maybe you need to refocus or commit yourself to a better cause. You must believe that love and romance are for you and live accordingly. Be committed to do your part in a relationship, to grow and learn and be willing to change some things. Be committed to waiting and seeking Gods will in the best He has for you.

Well let me stop for this post. Will finish the rest of the acronym next week. Hope this helps you as you continue online this week. Does love work online? OF COURSE... :D NS24