Author Thread: modesty.....does it exist today?
FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
modesty.....does it exist today?
Posted : 7 Sep, 2014 11:21 PM

Ladies........can a guy dress modest?

ladies........if yall dress just like the non-christian women how are we guys suppose to know what modesty looks like?

creativeindividual

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2014 06:57 AM

lol, I just feel sorry for Christian guys nowadays. it seems to me that theyre the only ones who take the scriptures seriously anymore. decent modest women are hard to come by these days.

For me personally the biggest "turn on" is a women who is a virgin. i don't like it when a women wears revealing clothing because that means theyre willing to hop into bed with anyone.

to the girl on here who wrote that "we should look at the times", im sorry but that's nonsense. morality isn't dictated by society's opinion, or by what SOCIETY finds acceptable, its dictated by God. morality is absolute not relative. so what is immoral 2000 years ago is immoral today.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2014 08:38 AM

Here's my 3 cents on this topic.

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=20851&forum_sub_cat_id=11

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 08:12 AM

I completely agree that morality is absolute and that society doesn't dictate what is acceptable or not. Sins such as fornication, homosexuality, abortion, etc are never okay. The reason I brought up the point about culture was to show that not everyone agrees on what is modest dressing. No one is disputing that modesty is important. I was merely pointing out that unless we are going to adopt the dress code of first century A.D. then we need to be careful on how we judge others. Although I personally do not wear a veil or dress like that, I would respect someone who chose to follow that exactly. My point is, that I don't think it is practical to dress like that in today's society. (I personally could not do my job as a dental hygienist if I had to wear a full veil). Does wearing scrubs or a lab coat with my head uncovered make me immodest??? If you are going to agree that is okay, what about someone who works outside and wears a t-shirt and shorts? (I don't mean really short ones). I think when it comes right down to it, we need to look at the overall picture. If someone is wearing very revealing clothing such as a plunging neckline, a mini-skirt, a bikini or anything else that draws too much attention to themselves, than that is a problem. I would be very careful though to judge someone just because they wore a high heeled shoe, a pair of shorts, pants etc.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 09:52 AM

Yes, I think modesty exists today. :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 11:50 AM

The full veil outfit is rather over doing it. There are Christian cultures in Europe and South America that consider it immodest for a woman to reveal her hair it must also be mentioned, actually I remember in my grandparents day it was basically mandatory for a woman to only go into a church if her hair was covered while the men had to remove their hats :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 03:14 AM

I read this article a while back, and it came to mind, reading through this thread.

You guys should check it out. It raises a lot of valid points that's most definitely worth thinking over and so on. :)

http://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2011/december/how-modest-is-hottest-is-hurting-christian-women.html?paging=off

smiley09

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2015 12:18 PM

Absolutely 100% modesty does exist today. However, people in the conservative churches today need to beware of legalism. The question here is what does the Bible say about modesty? Leviticus 22:5 warns us not to dress like men. Matthew 5:28 warns men not to look at women with lustful intent, so this should be a caution for us ladies to dress carefully so we do not cause our "brother" to stumble in his relationship with Christ. 1 Cor. 6:19-20 says we should glorify God with our bodies. If you study Isaiah 47:2-3, this gives a person the standard of what should be covered so it will not be considered nakedness: from neck to below knee is my understanding.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2015 05:08 AM

i don't really know what is your definition about modest.

i just wear comfortable clothes, comfortable clothes for me. and why it become a serious problem??

modest or not?? it's depend on your mindset, don't judge someone by their style. many of fakers these day, their clothes just to cover something bad inside.

Eyes_Open

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2015 12:59 AM

Yes! men can also be modest in their dress.

E.g. nothing too tight, too short shorts, taking their tops off to show their muscles etc.

Anything that someone does to make someone notice a certain area more than another I personally think isn't choosing to be modest in their attire. That said I am sure we all occasionally wear something that another might see as not modest, but the point really in being modest is to help each other avoid temptation. So this should go hand in hand with waiting for marriage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Aug, 2015 04:56 PM

I love dressing modestly. Felt convicted to do it and start a blog about it http://modestyisglamorous.weebly.com/

Page : 1 2 3