Author Thread: Just stopping by to say hello :)
Admin

Just stopping by to say hello :)
Posted : 15 Oct, 2014 08:25 PM

Hey ya'll! Just wanted to say! How's everyone doing? I haven't really had a lot of luck on the dating front of this website but I have made some friends. So anyone having any luck on here? Also, just wondering what were some of the reasons ya'll decided to make a profile on here? I feel like most people on here have some interesting stories.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2014 10:42 AM

Hi There,

I'm i joined this site in search of friendship really. I want to expand my social circle somewhat. It feels like i woke up one day and i was in my late twenties where 95% of my friends were married and i was watching movies by myself all the time. A bit of a lonely space at times.

Only been on here for a week so no luck in making friends or finding anything resembling potential romance. I do look forward to both changing though :prayingm:

1mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2014 11:11 PM

Well you're not alone in not having success here. There just aren't many members unfortunately, the site doesn't seem to be very popular in the states. I have however made quite a few friends overseas, and heard some very interesting conversion stories in nations where Christians are the minority. Not sure if I'll ever see these people in person though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2014 11:13 PM

I created a profile here, because I am an introvert, and I hardly ever get out or into a crowd of people. And when I do, I think, it is inappropriate to try to "catch women." However, a dating site's purpose is to meet new people. If I say "hi" to someone, then there's no doubt about why I am saying it. I joined this site, because I would like to get married one day. And I would assume that most of us are here only for the same reason. But if you say "hi" in real life at a party or anywhere, then the other person is unsure why you said that. It could be because you just want to be nice. Or it could be because you like the other person. Or it could be because you have some business to do. There could be a number of reasons. But on a dating site, there's only one reason you would say 'hi' to someone. So, intentions are clear and unmasked here. Well, at least, that's how I see it. Also, I am looking for a particular person, and I think, it is much easier to interview people online than in real life. In the amount of time it takes to chat with one person at a party, I could send a message to 20 women online. Then they look at my profile and can decide if they like me or not. If dating is really a numbers game, then going online is a much more efficient way of doing it! ;)

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2015 12:18 PM

I actually joined because it was hard finding genuine, single believers in my area - I thought it would be easier on a Christian site like this since everyone has the same mindset of finding someone. Haven't had success either though; it's frustrating because most people seem quite rude. But, there are some real, genuine believers on here which has encouraged me to stay and keep searching. :yay: