Author Thread: seek ye firsy the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you
Admin

seek ye firsy the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you
Posted : 27 Dec, 2014 02:48 PM

You think this applies to relationships?

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2014 09:37 AM

Interesting question you've asked there Eastnat. I think it applies to every area of our lives, that includes relationships' too. Though I've always had a concern regarding a healthy balance between our physical responsibilities and our spiritual lives. I've noticed that there's such emphasy on spiritual focus in relationships which I don't mind at all. But we kinda turn to ignore or give less attention to our physical needs.

My question is: Can we really master spiritual matters that we can't even see unless Christ opens our spiritual eyes when failing to meet our physical needs while we are physical beings ourselves? Behind the knowledge and understanding of God's word, there's a raw human being that you may have to deal with through out your life. Yet we don't want to talk about real issues in relationships. We're only content that we pray together and have bible sessions with fellows that have been met. While being good in spiritual matters doesn't necessarily make one a compatible mate or even a good parent.

How can we rather ensure that seeking first the kingdom of heaven, doesn't substitute our physical concerns and responsibilities that must be met? How do I preach and bless people out there when my kids are starving home? The very spiritual word of God says in Thessalonians; �Whose who don't want to work must not eat!� In Timothy it says; �failer to provide for my family makes me worst than an unbeliever.� Yet some guys make it clear in their profiles that they don't want to talk about money. Infact they are searching for an independent woman who can take care of herself.

It's disappointing seeing a well written profile accompanied by verses and at the end the brother states that!

A woman's independency is besides the point in my opinion. Can a man provide for his family inspite of the having a woman who can afford to support the kids? Is the subject dismissed for early days or it's not opened for discussion at all? Does seeking God first mean we mustn't be responsible but only get spiritual?

queensanz

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2015 07:22 PM

indeed :)