Author Thread: The Rail road crossing
vesterblue

View Profile
History
The Rail road crossing
Posted : 14 Mar, 2015 01:57 PM

The Rail Road Crossing

Da Rev

About a mile from my house is a rail road crossing. Not a nice well maintained crossing, but a horribly rough one. Unfortunately I had to cross it everyday going and coming. When going over it on my bike I would practically have to stand up to keep from bottoming out and hurting my back. I really didn't like this crossing. I wished every time I crossed it someone would come. fix it.

Then it happened. Someone came, and they came and they tore for two days. I would have to stop while they dug and tore.Sometimes I would sit for 10 minutes or more waiting my turn to go. When they would say go I would have to go slow and drop into this 6 inch trench they had dug out it was worse than before.

Two days later though I road over it and it was smooth, clean , new. I could ride over it like riding on air. It was sweet. Now I ride over it and never grumble about how rough and out of joint it was. I never think about my sore back. It don't look back at it at all. I'm to busy enjoy the new crossing.

Now this got me thinking about how in our lives we can have so many things that keep us from growing in Christ. We say yes I'm a Christian, But we're not well maintained. We've let thing chip away at us. Through lack of prayer and bible study. We let corrosives settle on us. Through habits, and bad choices. The weight of the train bares down on us from trying to fit into a world that we don't belong to. Finally we say enough I want someone to come and fix this.

So God comes and he digs and he tares. He makes us stop and wait on him to work. And like the Israelites in the desert we scream this is worse than before. Or the child that has a favorite jacket but he's out grown it. Its time for a new one but he cries NO I WANT MY JACKET. but it no longer fits. So it is with our rail road crossing. God digs out the old broken asphalt, hammers out the old rotten wood. Lays down new rails.

Then when its over we're smooth, clean, new. We've matured. We don't think the same way. We don't act the same way. We know at one time it was there, but it seems like so long ago.

As Christian if we don't grow and renew our selves daily we will stagnate . Well will become like that rail crossing. Paul said we should ask our selves everyday , Am I a Christian? Is my life a reflection of Jesus. Romans 13:13 says Let us walk in decency, as in the day light; not in carousing and drunkenness; not in sexual impurity and promiscuity. Not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ. Make no plans for the flesh.

God wants to take us from glory to glory. But why what for? So his glory can be seen in this world. So men will reach out for something more. That saving grace of Jesus Christ.

MAY THE BLESSINGS OF GOD INSPIRE YOU TO REACH FOR MORE OF HIM.

IN JESUS NAME. Da Rev

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
The Rail road crossing
Posted : 14 Mar, 2015 05:03 PM

Amen:prayingm:!!