Author Thread: Child advocacy
Admin

Child advocacy
Posted : 5 Oct, 2015 05:10 PM

" Corporal punishment is the commonest form of violence which children suffer, in all regions. And there are many perspectives from which to condemn it. The imperative for prohibiting and eliminating it is children�s equal human right to full respect for their dignity and physical integrity and to equal protection under the law.

Sometimes it seems that dwelling on other perspectives, other arguments, can actually undermine acceptance of the immediate human rights imperative for action. We don�t look for proof that domestic violence against women damages their physical or mental health in order to justify prohibiting it and ending impunity. It would be insulting to women to do so, and it is equally insulting to children to suggest we have to prove harm in order to justify extending to them the legal protection that we as adults take for granted from being deliberately assaulted." -Peter Newell Spanking is a euphemism for hitting, it inevitably condones sexual harassment and disrespectfulness.

View Profile
History
Child advocacy
Posted : 5 Jan, 2017 12:00 PM

Corporal punishment is the commonest form of violence which children suffer, in all regions.

The most common form of violence children suffer is abortion. The smallest unborn child before they are given their first breath of oxygen are pulled from their mother's womb section by section and then a chemical solution induced to horribly dispose of any possible human remains in the baby's place of development. This once beautiful life is then pitched into a nearby garbage bin and disposed of in a landfill or chemically treated to deaden the smell of rotting beautiful unborn children that did not make it to life or become what God intended.

I propose the problem is sin in the world and not one age group of human is immune from the horrors the enemy has come up with to cause pain, horrific death or worse continued abuse until the body expires from the abuse.

Our calling as Christian is to show the world His Love without judgement. Give of our time talents and income to help feed the world what it really needs. A loving, caring, and nurturing environment where young and old can thrive abundantly in His Love. We are Jesus feeding the nations, we are Jesus who has unconditional love for all of mankind, we are Jesus setting the captives free. My question here is this for each of us, just exactly where do I fit in this picture?

View Profile
History
Child advocacy
Posted : 2 Feb, 2017 01:36 AM

The problem is the absulute fear of suffering in the west, it only leads to weaker generations since suffering is how a human grows up properly. Think about it, no one who grows up with everything handed to him on a plate deserves any of what he has. Suffering is a way of earning strength, doing exercise is actually causing your body suffering and having it respond by getting stronger.

View Profile
History
Child advocacy
Posted : 12 Dec, 2018 04:09 PM

@OP

I don't support your notion - a good many kids would benefit long-term from a little physical discipline whilst young. Both of mine have had it and will again if required, though thankfully that's very rare now they're old enough to reason, understand consequences and develop empathy.