Author Thread: regular dating sites and christians>?>?>>?
Admin

regular dating sites and christians>?>?>>?
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 02:07 PM

dear folks, im just wonderin bout how yawl feel about a christian person being on just a regular dating site also...and not just on a christian dating site... im not talkin bout a sex site either.. as i know thats wrong.

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 06:01 AM

Okay, I missed this last time I read. Let met get this straight: Someone saw your profile on a secular site, and they threatened to tell us over here that you were on a secular site, as if they thought that was going to make you look bad in front of us??

For me personally, if someone is doing that, it usually destroys the reputation of the person "telling" on the other - I mean, first of all, the scriptures are pretty clear what's to be done with a brother in trespass. Secondly, in what way were you in trespass?

This is all just so....wierd. I think this speaks volumes about the person trying to do this to you, and says very little about you ole cattle.

Blessings,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:00 AM

dear folks,,, normally i wouldnt of said anything about summin like this on a forum.. but since as you can see they were threatening me with telling my brothers and sisters i was on a regular dating site.. so i never did take too kindly to online stalkers or blackmailers. and the way you take away their power over you is to tell the world .. then no more power.. and if you google my name youll see the site and my forum posts there. i think you can read every post ive ever made online period.. so please help yourself.. youll see they were innocent posts same as some ive posted here. now folks did get out of line on the one bout shavin cream and razors.. under the relationship post.. youll see i didnt go back there after that also... you can read every post i made there. all were innocent..

now im just gonna post what was sent to my email there....and you can see for yourself..

yepatruthseeker

view all msgs: received from | sent to

online now! 6/10/2009 8:25:46 AM

you replied

Subject: I did a google search yesterday

Message: I joined this site this morning after much praying. I'm a member of SCN AND CDFF. Yesterday the Lord called me to go in search of the truth concerning you. All I did was type in your username..Wow up popped this site, I didn't see that coming. All the post you have ever posted on any public forum popped up. Anyway....here is what God has laid on my heart to say. Brother you can't straddle the fence nor can you walk in the shadows where God can't see you. You are accountable for those you are leading astray....Judgement day is coming God will not be fooled. I still haven't decided if I need to share my findings with my brothers and sisters in Christ about this yet...God will guide me into that when He is ready to expose this. IHis timing not me. But get ye ready God is sick of the evil deeds of men claiming to be cross carries.

A sister looking out for the sheeps in the pasture....I am a truth seeker.

I came here solely to deliver this message to you....once you have read it I'm deleting this account. Light has nothing in common with darkness.

God is watching...

that was it..

thanks folks,

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:43 AM

Uh huh. I get emails like that all the time. Don't get me wrong, I most certainly do believe the Spirit speaks to us, but discernment is lacking desperately in the body of Christ. It amazes me how often I get people writing to me who claim that "the spirit" informed them of some secret sin in my life. Haha! ohhh ya - anybody who knows me knows my life is an open book. And these people are always wrong - I mean, if they at least nailed something correctly, I might sit up and listen at least.

My spider-senses (discernment) tells me right off the bat that it wasn't the Holy Spirit telling "her" (the person who wrote to you) to go looking to find out the truth about you - nope, that reeks of the accuser of the brethren. She was out to find *fault* in you. The Holy Spirit does not do this, the Holy Spirit convicts in love. Look at the spirit behind the email - this is not the Spirit of Christ.

Also, I just went and did exactly what this "lady" (assuming that's what they are) claimed to do - I just did a google search for your username. The only dating site that came up was SCN (which I didn't know about) - so it appears that this person is flat-out lying about how they found you, and were hypocritically condemning you for doing precisely what they were doing, as it appears they were a member of this secular site.

The whole thing stinks of being straight from the pit of hell. In fact, it makes me wonder if they were feeling convicted, recognized you, and tried to do a pre-emptive strike before you found them; their conscience apparently convicting them. Take it in stride, don't let the enemy accuse you.

Do you mind if I ask what the site was?

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 08:02 AM

dear ian, i sent it to your email here. as i wasnt sure if i was sposed to post it here.. thanks

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 08:14 AM

Good Grief! They were whining about datehookup? This is straight from the accuser. I mean, c'mon - it's not like it was seekingsexualencounters.com or something! (I just made that website name up for the sake of argument, okay? So if that website exists, I didn't know, okay? haha! no - I'm not a member, don't go there looking for me)

This is straight from the accuser of the brethren - look at the email; it's accusation. We all know who the accuser of the brethren is.

Ian

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 08:23 AM

Hey, Cattle - I read your profile from that dating site. It's not in any way bad, however; it doesn't really mention anything about God, either. If I hadn't seen your profile and posts here, by the profile you have on that other site I would think you were one of the world. Not because of anything you said, but because of what you didn't say. There are some good Christian people on secular sites too, but personally, I won't make initial contact with anyone who doesn't say something about God in their profile, especially on a secular site.

My screen name on the other site I belong to is Linnie21. I did a google search myself just to see what would come up, and there's someone from Louisiana or Florida or somewhere that isn't me - lol. (If you search Linnie41, the same thing). You're welcome to look at the profile I have there to see what I'm talking about. (You'll be able to see that this profile was a process. Lol)

As for what this woman wrote to you, I wouldn't worry about it. As I said, there was nothing wrong or misleading about your profile, and the post you made was innocent - it was just torn apart by others.

Shout it from the rooftops, bro!!

Blessings,

Lynn

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 09:58 AM

WHat a can of worms eh? When I put my profile up on a non christian dating site (matchmakers.com) or something of that nature, I just copied and pasted the same one I had here. And believe you me, not a single on of them people who sent me messages must have spent one second reading anything I wrote and prolly just lookied at my photo and sent me a * i got the hots for you* something or another. I never did bother much with that site, as it didnt seem to privide me with me with much of anything other then junk to sort through, and as soon as I found loni, i up and deleted everything on it (cause they wont let you just flat out delete your profile for whatever odd reason) and you know the funny thing is I went back a month later or so and I was still getting people sending me stuff with NO photos, and NOthing but my age, sex and location up there and other basics like dark hair and whatnot that you can remove. LOL

anyway, the only reason I stick round here it talk to you all now so,

dont let it bother ya none ole, but I guess like linnie says, if ya do go out amoung the pagans, dont put that light under no bushel either. The world didnt die for ya, Jesus did. hes the one who we owe our respects too

Love ya man

alex

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 10:30 AM

dear folks, yawl all are quite awesome. thank you all.

i have already forgiven them. and will move on now.its out in the open now. thanks again for all of your support. and your opinions. im not a man that cant be taught.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 06:17 PM

Cattleman -- think everyone's giving ya some pretty good advice. I tried this one site a friend sent to me, so innocently I went to it, filled out the profile and to my amazement, this was a worldwide site. I'm tellin ya it was absolutely SCKITZOID.

After a few weeks, I was feeling very uncomfortable with it and deleted all my stuff. It was just not for me.

But, that's your call Sunshine. An when someone who isn't saved gets down right "not nice", you can always turn the other cheek and walk away.

J

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:24 PM

dear miss j, thats when you show em the love girl hehe

ole cattle

Page : 1 2