Author Thread: Roll Call
Admin

Roll Call
Posted : 13 Mar, 2017 12:15 PM

If you've served or are serving in the military of any nation, please share where you served, how long, and your occupation while serving.

I served 10 years in the US Air Force. I was stationed in West Berlin and Sembach West Germany and in Tucson, Arizona after going through training in Monterrey, California and San Angelo, Texas. My basic duty assignment was Airborne German Linguist with additional assignments as a Budget Director and Trainer.

Next...

Alligator

View Profile
History
Roll Call
Posted : 10 Mar, 2019 01:37 PM

I realize I am a bit off topic, but my Father served in the Navy in a submarine in WWI. My brother was radioman on USS Alaska in Navy in WWII. My sister married career Air Force, who was pilot in WWII, Korean War, and flew a heliocopter to pick up wounded in VietNam war. next.......

Alligator

View Profile
History
Roll Call
Posted : 3 Jul, 2019 08:53 PM

I am pleased our Prez is having a military parade to celebrate the 4th. He's getting lots of Criticism, but its not a new idea. Previous parades, including tanks and planes in the later years started in 1865 in washington dc, 1919 in DC and new york city, 1946 NYC, 1961 DC. 1976 cities across the nation and 1997 in DC. I think its time we showed off our military.