Author Thread: Age limit
Admin

Age limit
Posted : 30 Jul, 2017 07:42 AM

I wish there was a way to contact someone (maybe just a wink) to let them know you have an interest in them (romantic or not) even though you are slightly outside of their preferred age limit. Sometimes, they don't realize that one or two years makes all the difference. In my case, I am 2 years too old for a man that is 7 years older than me. And his profile doesn't reflect that he would be concerned about it.

View Profile
History
Age limit
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 12:35 PM

Hi there... the following is simply my personal opinion... but I share only in the hopes that you might weigh the words... along with your own thoughts... and then, do as you so choose:

I don't know anything more about you than what is reflected in your post concerning 'AGE LIMIT'... But the 'big sister' in me wants to stick my nose in and say...

'Dear Lady, if HE is SEVEN years OLDER than YOU...

annnnnnnndddd........

HE has set HIS AGE LIMIT (INTEREST) that far below HIS OWN AGE....

RUN...! (lol)

and don't look back until you can no longer 'see something of valid interest in him'....

Without knowing any more than I do - I feel that there may be something inherently 'not to your benefit' in this...

(but again, that is 'just my opinion : )

Just the fact that he would 'state this AS A CRITERIA for someone he would want in a potentially close, intimate relationship', speaks of his possibly wanting someone to 'subjugate, dominate, or whom he may easily 'fool'... regarding things in the relationship....

The only valid reason for SPECIFICALLY wanting someone so much younger would be if he was looking at the idea of fathering children... and perhaps the math works out to 'his age minus 7' equals an age wherein there would still be time, in a woman's life, where she might bring to the relationship, healthy children - borne of the two...

again... just my opinion... hope things go well for you in your endeavors... : )

View Profile
History
Age limit
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 12:52 PM

hmmm.... there is one other situation wherein he might reasonable specifically set such an age difference - that being if he were an older man say 70 who, in being an active person... might be simply trying to find someone who has not settled into a more 'sedate'... or 'sedentary' lifestyle... that too, would be a valid reason, I do think... I am not trying to 'judge him - personally'... nor his 'personal motives'... but I am trying to suggest that you consider the reasons ANYONE might put forth this criteria, specifically, for the standard by which he would, or would not, be interested in someone... again, just my opinion... and good luck!

View Profile
History
Age limit
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 12:56 PM

and yet again... lol.... all my thoughts and words are based on my understanding (if it is correct) that he is wanting a relationship with a woman that is 'AT LEAST 9 years younger than him'... : )