Author Thread: Widows and widowers issues
Admin

Widows and widowers issues
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 02:37 PM

Hi.

I'm a widow and have issues I'm dealing with that I think others who have lost a spouse can identify with. I believe we can discuss the issues and prayerfully help guide one another.

For instance, when you have lost a loving spouse, how soon should you start thinking of dating someone else?

I know some people who promised never to remarry, only to end up doing so after a couple of years.

I've heard some comment that it was too soon for that person to remarry, while others say someone else has taken too long to remarry.

What are some of the motivations, fears, hindrances and challenges that only a widow or widower can identify with in dealing with the loneliness that comes with losing a spouse?

Waiting to hear from the widows and widowers on this forum.

I just want to add that I'm new at this site. If such a discussion is already taking place, kindly help me find it.

Thanks.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Widows and widowers issues
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 10:00 AM

I suppose it depends on your age, if your a younger woman it's only natural that after a period of time you may want to remarry. If you're an older woman, you may be content with precious memories, and enjoying time with the family you created.