Author Thread: I have to say it, you have to read it!!! (And hopefully reply to it!!!)
Kitkcandy

View Profile
History
I have to say it, you have to read it!!! (And hopefully reply to it!!!)
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 10:49 AM

So many people on this website are concerned about their Outward apperance!! They freak out when no one messages them and worry that they are not good looking enough! This is what I have to say to them!:

I was listening to the radio the other day and I heard a song called "Beautifal You" (Or someting like that) It goes on saying that God made you who you are. He has a plan for you and you truly are beautifal to him. You are his MASTERPIECE, made in his image you are UNIQUE and you truly are BEAUTIFAL!!!

It is sad that today we have such high expectations of the opposite sex. Guys have to have six packs and strong arms. Ladies have to be thin and have big (you know whats). Well todays idea of what true beauty is has been tanited. We only see what the media or movies tell us are beautifal. The saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is such a falacy (in most cases) We Spend hours making sure that the outside (the flesh) is perfect, skinny, beautifal. While all the while the inside (our soul) becomes self involved, broken, and lonely. Are we going to let the media control our lives or God? If you have to change yourself for someone to like you then the relationship is a LIE!!! Be true to who you are. Ask God for guidence when it comes to changing your outward apperance. If you are going to change do it for God, to glorify him. EVERYONE has flawS. EVERYONE has an addiction. We are ALL sinners!!! If we were not we would not NEED A SAVIOR!!! It is up to us to leave this worldly view and follow God. Are you ready to leave this worldly view and follow him?

"Come on Guys havent you seen the movie Shallow Hal?"~LOL

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 01:59 PM

Very good post! It is so true that the media has a big influence on today's looks and what to do and what not to do for so many people if not all. We all just need to pull away from the influences of the media and be our unique selves.

Kitkcandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 07:18 AM

Come on people!!! Please Reply to this, I really want to hear what you guys are thinking!!! Thanks even if you do just check it out!!

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:44 AM

You should try youtubing 'photoshop' and see what you get. Magazine pics are often quite fake. But yes, I do believe the devil has a put forth a strong effort to make everyone think they have to live up to unobtainable goals, because then we all stay dissatisfied and unhappy. Beauty really does mean nothing except to the person who holds something as beautiful, but the problem is, who is teaching them what is suppose to be expected as beautiful and not beautiful? It can be done, even just looking at what was beautiful in the past will show that.

Here is a good youtube vid of photoshop and stuff, and it was actually made by a Dove brand fund:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

rickguy09

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 06:59 PM

Physical appearance is EVERYTHING. I don't care about personality at all. Looks means everything in the relationship, so if you've been married to someone and had 8 kids with them, suddenly they become a burn victim, you better divorce your spouse fast! Who wants to be married to a crispy critter? Not me! ;)

(This was a little bit of satire, hope you enjoyed).:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 12:17 PM

Its true we sometimes base our opinion of someone oh how they look and we are sometimes attracted to a person for the same reason. When we should be caring more about there lifestyle and the way they handle themselves. God tells us that he looks at the heart why can't we be more like Christ and look at the character of the person first and there outward appearance last. I guess it all has to do with our sinful nature we care more about outward beauty than inward. God forgive us for judging someone by how they dress or what they look like an by their character and inward passions.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 08:19 PM

To me Knowing that we are made in God's image and thus share many of his characteristics is solid proof of self-worth. Human worth is not based on physical attractiveness or public acclaim. Instead self-worth should be based on being made in God's image. Because we Bear God's image we should feel positive about ourselves. Instead Christians conform to the Hollywood standard of beauty. We end up criticizing and downgrading ourselves and other people. Instead we end up mistakenly judging self-worth in terms of Physical attraction. When we criticize ourselves and others we criticize what god made. We are all worthy in God's eyes. he does not see skin he sees spirituality. Let us thrive to be like this

BB0711

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 07:15 AM

OMG you are not a human at all if that is the way that you think. That is HORRIBLE. You should love the one that you are with for whats on the inside, not on the outside. YOU ARE TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 03:10 PM

For shame when we refuse to call obesity anything but gluttony and sin. Sexiness may not be the high calling of a Christian, but we are called to be good stewards of the talents God has given us. Being born able bodied is a gift, and treat it lightly is to insult the God who gave it you. Many people are born without proportionate limbs or even missing limbs.

We do not glorify ourselves with our bodies, but in all things bring glory to God the Father who has given you ability. How sad when we denigrate God's gifts for the sake of fleeting pleasures, idleness, and unfaithfulness.

I will never be the world's modal of beauty. I was born short. I work in an industry with a proclivity toward inactive lifestyles. It is for respect to my future spouse and those around me that I master my flesh to not add further stumbling blocks to those who might otherwise be attracted to me in the spirit.

Neither do we go out of our way to disparage those in sin. As Christians our calling to a struggling brother or sister to speak the truth in love and to admonish and encourage obedience to the Lord. Would we also tell a person that it's ok not to read the Bible? Would we tell an anorexic that it's ok not to eat? Why then do we tell the obese that it's ok to be fat? This is shameful beyond measure.

noothergods32

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 12:49 PM

If I may propose a dissenting opinion, it is true that our culture puts far too much emphasis on appearance. However it seems to me that some people, notably those who are less attractive, put far too little emphasis on it.

Yes everyone is made in this image of God, and while obesity is sometimes the result of gluttony and sin it is also sometimes the way God has made a person. I know that I, personally, am overweight and I have gone to some extremes to lose weight, never successfully. God has made me the way I am and I am to be satisfied with it, I do my best to stay healthy and reasonably active and that this enough.

However this does not mean that I should expect people to simply look past my appearance and 'love me for who I really am.' My appearance is a part of who I really am and, instead of attempting to convince someone who is not attracted to my appearance that they should ignore it, I need to find someone who is attracted to all of me. I strongly believe that physical attraction is necessary in a relationship and while your looks should not greatly affect your self-worth they will affect who is, or is not, attracted to you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2009 05:53 AM

Havent seen the movie but I agree with your post (even though my addiction is fitness) I enjoy seeing young women say these type of things from there heart and not because there religion suggests it. ---just to state an opinion, not a measure...in my mind I think a persons appearance says a lot about there character. Are they lazy, are they puffed up, are they perverted, do they value themselves...I wish all of us nice men and women lived closer together-oh wait, that make a church wouldnt it.

Page : 1 2